Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

12 weeks until my due date/ NOTHING is prepared. HELP ME????

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I'm due with my first baby in 12 weeks. Me and my df decided to wait to buy everything until after the baby shower which will be next month. All we have now are a bunchhhh of clothes, blankets, bibs, toys and stuff like that. Other than that nothing has been preparered :(

How much do you think everything will cost us not including the crib and crip bedding??? (It's tradition in my family my mother buys the crib stuff) 

Also, what should I do to prepare these next 12 weeks? Pediatrician? Bf classes? Birth plan? Things around the house?

I'm CLUELESS and have nobody to turn to. Thank you for the advice, I'll take all I can get. I'm so overwhelmed I'm in tears. 

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:31 PM
Replies (71-76):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:00 PM

Whoah, that's crazy! Lol I'll remember that. How many weeks were you when you got your milk/colostrum in?? I have got nothing at 28 weeks. Thank you for the cloth diaper reply too.

Quoting Mom2HayTay:

I never had problems nursing. My milk came in so fast. But a friend of mine had problems and nothing would come out. (btw, her family is from el salvador) so her mother told her to drink a beer and her milk came in. So just thought I would add that just in case you did have issues with your milk...This remedy worked for someone I know LOL weird huh

Quoting Mama_Of_Two2012:

It will. I got nothing with my 1st till after she waa born. Take advantage of the LC the hospital has!!! A bopi pillow is a C shaped pillow u put around u while baby lays on it to nurse

Quoting Anonymous:

I was planning on it but I'm 28 weeks and haven't even gotten any milk/colostrum... so idk if I can even breastfeed. I want to nurse from the breast AND pump if possible.... 

Quoting Mama_Of_Two2012:

Are u going to breast feed????

Quoting Anonymous:

I dont know what to do with a boppy pillow 0.o

Quoting Mama_Of_Two2012:

I agree! When my DS was born we had NO newborn clothes and id registered for a bunch of reusable milk storage stuff and a bottle warmer (i was going back to work) well sometime between my baby shower and my son being born we decided I was just going to stay home (YES I WON!!!!) Ne ways when my DS was 5 days old DH and I took back all the BM storage stuff and bottle warmer and bought DS some clothes that fit him. It was nice to be able to do.

The only thing i didn't see posted was a bopi pillow, if you plan on BF it makes everything soooo much easier. They do have BF pillows but im a bit large chested to begin with and found the BF pillow hard to work...however i LOVE my bopi

Quoting brittany208:

We waited until after the shower too. 12 weeks is still plenty of time. did you make a registry? add up everything on it--that's how much it will cost. Then, the day after the shower, take back the crap you got that you dont want and buy all the things you do need in one big shopping trip. Problem solved with 8 or so weeks to go.

And remember--newborns need very little. a going home outfit, diapers, wipes, carseat, bed of some sort.... if you get other things after baby comes along, that's fine.

JasonsMom2007
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:06 PM

Breast pump- according to someone in the breastfeeding moms group under Obamacare your health insurance has to pay for it.  Try calling.

Car seat- join the car seat safety group.  No aftermarket products on the car seat.

A lot depends on you and your parenting style as well as your child.  I've never used a lot of blankets or burp rags and I despise onesies.  I start with a convertable car seat from birth and baby wear.  I opt for a youth chair instead of high chair.  And I cloth diaper.  I know others who need bottles, formula, diapers, wipes, etc. but they just aren't for me.  I buy things that will last a long time instead of a few months.  It's just the way I parent :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:10 PM

I plan on baby wearing too!! :D I want a moby wrap.... 

So I will just need a car seat... Which one would you say is the best/safest? I want to use cloth diapers or possibly a mix of those and disposables at night. I unfortunately have medicaid insurance at the moment... So Its safe to say the pump wont be covered.

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

Breast pump- according to someone in the breastfeeding moms group under Obamacare your health insurance has to pay for it.  Try calling.

Car seat- join the car seat safety group.  No aftermarket products on the car seat.

A lot depends on you and your parenting style as well as your child.  I've never used a lot of blankets or burp rags and I despise onesies.  I start with a convertable car seat from birth and baby wear.  I opt for a youth chair instead of high chair.  And I cloth diaper.  I know others who need bottles, formula, diapers, wipes, etc. but they just aren't for me.  I buy things that will last a long time instead of a few months.  It's just the way I parent :)

Mom2HayTay
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:15 PM

It was during the last month so 35-39 weeks. You still have a while

Quoting Anonymous:

Whoah, that's crazy! Lol I'll remember that. How many weeks were you when you got your milk/colostrum in?? I have got nothing at 28 weeks. Thank you for the cloth diaper reply too.

Quoting Mom2HayTay:

I never had problems nursing. My milk came in so fast. But a friend of mine had problems and nothing would come out. (btw, her family is from el salvador) so her mother told her to drink a beer and her milk came in. So just thought I would add that just in case you did have issues with your milk...This remedy worked for someone I know LOL weird huh

Quoting Mama_Of_Two2012:

It will. I got nothing with my 1st till after she waa born. Take advantage of the LC the hospital has!!! A bopi pillow is a C shaped pillow u put around u while baby lays on it to nurse

Quoting Anonymous:

I was planning on it but I'm 28 weeks and haven't even gotten any milk/colostrum... so idk if I can even breastfeed. I want to nurse from the breast AND pump if possible.... 

Quoting Mama_Of_Two2012:

Are u going to breast feed????

Quoting Anonymous:

I dont know what to do with a boppy pillow 0.o

Quoting Mama_Of_Two2012:

I agree! When my DS was born we had NO newborn clothes and id registered for a bunch of reusable milk storage stuff and a bottle warmer (i was going back to work) well sometime between my baby shower and my son being born we decided I was just going to stay home (YES I WON!!!!) Ne ways when my DS was 5 days old DH and I took back all the BM storage stuff and bottle warmer and bought DS some clothes that fit him. It was nice to be able to do.

The only thing i didn't see posted was a bopi pillow, if you plan on BF it makes everything soooo much easier. They do have BF pillows but im a bit large chested to begin with and found the BF pillow hard to work...however i LOVE my bopi

Quoting brittany208:

We waited until after the shower too. 12 weeks is still plenty of time. did you make a registry? add up everything on it--that's how much it will cost. Then, the day after the shower, take back the crap you got that you dont want and buy all the things you do need in one big shopping trip. Problem solved with 8 or so weeks to go.

And remember--newborns need very little. a going home outfit, diapers, wipes, carseat, bed of some sort.... if you get other things after baby comes along, that's fine.

~Krystal, mom to Hailey and Taylor pink ribbon

JasonsMom2007
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:57 PM

The best car seat is the one that is properly installed, fits your car, and is used properly 100% of the time.  I think it's 80% of car seats in this country are being using incorrectly.  What do you want a convertable or an infant carrier?  Make sure you read the manual cover to cover and be sure when it's installed it moves less than 1" at the belt path.  Evenflo infant carriers have tons of rules like tha handle must be down with at least 1 1/2" of clearance between the handle and the seat in front of it.  That can be problematic in a lot of cars.  

I started with a true fit for my daughter.  My son had a chicco keyfit infant carrier but it stopped snapping into its base after 2 months so I returned it.

And no carseat on the basket part of the shopping cart either!

Quoting Anonymous:

I plan on baby wearing too!! :D I want a moby wrap.... 

So I will just need a car seat... Which one would you say is the best/safest? I want to use cloth diapers or possibly a mix of those and disposables at night. I unfortunately have medicaid insurance at the moment... So Its safe to say the pump wont be covered.

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs in my field, since the payment is pure love.  ~Mildred B. Vermont
JasonsMom2007
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:59 PM

And OP I've breastfed 2 kids if you want to friend me.  I know a ton about car seats and such too :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)