Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Camping party for a 5 year old???

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies

I'm starting to plan ds's 5th birthday party. His birthday is March 6, and I think we'll have his party the 3rd of 4th week of March. What we want to do is rent a cabin (with electricity, bathroom, kitchen) on the lake and have a fishing party. We'd have the guests just come out for the day, with maybe a few of his cousins spending the night in the cabin with us. Only problem is, we live in Western PA. Last year we had his party outside, at our house, but that was out of pure luck. The year he was born it was snowing. Its such a gamble weather wise, but we really want to do it! What do you think? Would you take the risk and book it?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:36 PM

bump!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:39 PM

Bump!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:45 PM

Bump!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:48 PM

I do something small with friends for his birthday and book the cabin (for family party) in the summer. Not worth wasting money if it snows, IMO.

1likeme
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:52 PM
How would you feel about it turning into an indoor party if the weather isn't cooperating?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:53 PM

Well its a year round cabin with heat, so I'm not worried about it necessarily going to waste, we (dh and the kids) would still enjoy it regardless, I'm just nervous about the party part and possibly having to reschedule it. We've been doing parties at our house for the past few years and I just want to do something different, which is so hard with a birthday during that month! I certainly don't want to spend $600 for the zoo or museum LOL

Quoting Anonymous:

I do something small with friends for his birthday and book the cabin (for family party) in the summer. Not worth wasting money if it snows, IMO.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:54 PM

That's the issue. The cabin is fairly big, but not big enough for the family. If the weather isn't good, we'd have to either lose out on the cabin and have the party at our house or keep the cabin and reschedule the party for the following weekend or something at our house.

Quoting 1likeme:

How would you feel about it turning into an indoor party if the weather isn't cooperating?

scarletmeshell
by Platinum Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:59 PM

As fun as that sounds I would not risk it. Have a half bday in the summer.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:13 PM

Bump!

TashaLav
by Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like a blast, my son's bday is in November (in 08), The year he was born was the only time he's ever had snow on it, otherwise it's usually been great! I would chance it, if it's bad you could all go bowling during the day, and then still take the cousins you were plannin on up to the cabin for a smaller party that night! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)