Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Camping party for a 5 year old???

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I'm starting to plan ds's 5th birthday party. His birthday is March 6, and I think we'll have his party the 3rd of 4th week of March. What we want to do is rent a cabin (with electricity, bathroom, kitchen) on the lake and have a fishing party. We'd have the guests just come out for the day, with maybe a few of his cousins spending the night in the cabin with us. Only problem is, we live in Western PA. Last year we had his party outside, at our house, but that was out of pure luck. The year he was born it was snowing. Its such a gamble weather wise, but we really want to do it! What do you think? Would you take the risk and book it?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:32 PM
Replies (11-12):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:39 PM
I think I'm going to do it, if worst comes to worst we can just have the other family members over another day to celebrate. I want to do something that he'll really enjoy, I'm kind of tired if planning parties around extended family members hahaha!

Quoting TashaLav:

Sounds like a blast, my son's bday is in November (in 08), The year he was born was the only time he's ever had snow on it, otherwise it's usually been great! I would chance it, if it's bad you could all go bowling during the day, and then still take the cousins you were plannin on up to the cabin for a smaller party that night! 

TashaLav
by Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:32 PM
Exactly! It's your kids bday! If they can come they can come if not hell still have a great day! I would for sure have a back up plan like bowling during the day and then whoever was going to come up there with you still take with! Either way a wkend getaway is always fun snowing or not!

Quoting Anonymous:

I think I'm going to do it, if worst comes to worst we can just have the other family members over another day to celebrate. I want to do something that he'll really enjoy, I'm kind of tired if planning parties around extended family members hahaha!

Quoting TashaLav:

Sounds like a blast, my son's bday is in November (in 08), The year he was born was the only time he's ever had snow on it, otherwise it's usually been great! I would chance it, if it's bad you could all go bowling during the day, and then still take the cousins you were plannin on up to the cabin for a smaller party that night! 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured