Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Phentermine??????

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:33 PM
  • 18 Replies

i talked my dr into writing this because im struggling with weight loss. have you taken it? how much did you loose?

Love says, i sacrifice myself for the other person.

Abortion says, i sacrifice the other person for myself.

by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:40 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't use it as a weight loss..it is like speed to me. So I only take it if I have to stay up all night doing homework.
emtmomtwo
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:43 PM

i have heard that. This is my second day on it and the biggest side effect i have is dry mouth.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:45 PM
Look up Phentermine and psychosis. It made my mother crazy and gave her eye disease. I am NOT joking. Please Google it and stay away from that stuff.
opal10161973
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:05 PM

It's not always bad, IF you are taking it right and your DR has checked your EKG, blood work, and medical history to prevent many of the issues associated with it.  Like any drug, there are always side effects and some can be pretty bad, even with all of the tests done and history checked.  You just never know how something is going to affect you until you take it. 

It is the one thing I told them at the weight loss clinic- that I did not even want to try, BUT my body over reacts to cough syrup, so I am pretty sure, it would not like it- at all. 

queenamy
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:06 PM

what are you doing to try and lose weight?

emtmomtwo
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:08 PM
1 mom liked this

walking, cutting out soda, and eating several small meals a day.....like 4 or so

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:09 PM
I hated it , made me feel sick to my stomach and like I was on crack.
shivasgirl
by Platinum Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:09 PM

I have been a pharmacy tech for 26 years, every one I have ever dispensed that med to, myself included has always gained back every pound and more after they stopped taking it

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:10 PM
I need to get a script for this!! My SIL gave me one that she got for weight loss and I cleaned my whole house in record time!! I even scrubbed the base boards and the vents!! It is awesome!

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't use it as a weight loss..it is like speed to me. So I only take it if I have to stay up all night doing homework.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
my_babies_n_me
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:11 PM
My mother was on it for awhile and lost around 40 lbs with it. She gained it back quickly, when she moved and could no longer see the dr that prescribed it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN