Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

can you cook?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 58 Replies
Do you actually cook meals? I have a friend who cannot cook. Everything she buys is premade. She can't even make lasagna. if I eat too much processed frozen stuff like that, I get sick.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LucyHarper
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, premade food is awful for you, she might as well be eating mcdonalds for every meal.

luvmymonkeys27
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:54 PM

Yep. Well, I'm no gourmet chef, but I can cook reasonably well. 

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:55 PM

Absolutely...I love cooking

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:55 PM
I can but not intuitively. I have no natural aptitude for it and it's not fun for me at all, I avoid it whenever I can.
Anonymous

I've recently started teaching myself and realizing that things I thought sounded terrifying acutally aren't that hard at all... this coming from a woman who has succeeded in burning soup lol...I try to give us a lot of variety because I get tired of the same foods really fast... which is why we used to eat out so much before we had DD... now we really can't afford it and we like eating at home better

SillySally83
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:55 PM

I cook 2 meals a day, usually from scratch, but every now and again I get lazy and make boxed sides or a frozen pizza lol. I have a friend who had never cooked a thing in her life that didn't go in the microwave, so when she was pregnant she begged me to teach her how to cook lol.

Anonymous
Yes...and premade lasagna sucks. :/
Charliesmommy11
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:55 PM
Yep
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
robibuni
by Platinum Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:56 PM

Oh yeah!

I mean, my mom certainly never taught me (she's the McDonald's queen), and when DH and I first got together, we ate a lot of fast food and processed box stuff because that's all I knew! The more I cooked though, the more my confidence grew and I began cooking more from scratch!

I still use some boxed foods, but it's very limited nowadays!

thecoffeefairy
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:56 PM
1 mom liked this
I am a good cook. Best cook ever according to my family but I think they butter me up so they don't have to cook☺
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)