Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

tax refund

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies

fed 10,050 state 1,670 

We will get another refund next year but after that we will both be finished with school and I hope and pray we will be over the limit to qualify. It will be nice to finally be out of poverty and off of PA. And for the years after that I will be praying we don't owe. 

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:13 PM
I got my refund yesterday just fed no state taxes here.
CreziaMommyTo2
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:15 PM

just an FYI, you dont owe for being rich... according to CM standards we are rich.. we make over 6 figures a year, but where we live we are lower middle class.  we still get back close to $10K a year

we havent filed our taxes yet, because we are waiting for our K-1s to be completed, but so far without the K-1s we are at about $8K

unless you are worth 5M+ then most likely you will be getting money back and not paying

brittany208
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:15 PM

once you are off of PA and working--just make sure you withhold the right amount and you won't owe.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:21 PM

For our area my parents were middle class when I was growing up. My dad had his own business though and there were a couple years where they owed money but most of the time they broke even. I think the most they ever got refunded was 1,000. I remember them being stressed out come tax time. But I think that had a lot to do with my father's terrible book keeping skills. 

Quoting CreziaMommyTo2:

just an FYI, you dont owe for being rich... according to CM standards we are rich.. we make over 6 figures a year, but where we live we are lower middle class.  we still get back close to $10K a year

we havent filed our taxes yet, because we are waiting for our K-1s to be completed, but so far without the K-1s we are at about $8K

unless you are worth 5M+ then most likely you will be getting money back and not paying

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN