Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Feeding advice please.

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:29 PM
  • 13 Replies

My twins' ped wants me to start giving them baby food and I'm not sure about it. And she wants me to take them off of the preemie formula and I think they still need it because they're only 3 month size.

They're only 5 months old and they aren't even sitting up on their own yet and because they were 7 weeks preemie they've got some delays in muscle strength and control. With my other kids I waited till they were sitting up on their own and had good head and neck control, and it just feels like shes trying to make me give them baby food too soon.

Should I take her advice or just go with my instincts?

by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Beenhereforever
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:30 PM
1 mom liked this
You are momma , you know best for sure. Keep doing what you are. Congrats on the twins though!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SillySally83
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you :) They are a delight!

Quoting Beenhereforever:

You are momma , you know best for sure. Keep doing what you are. Congrats on the twins though!!

usmcwifey11
by Platinum Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:32 PM
I would go with your instincts.
idareyou
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Go with your instincts. I'd be hesitant about the formula too, and definitely against the baby food at this point.

SillySally83
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:36 PM

Thank you ladies, I feel better now about not wanting to take her advice. I wonder what makes some doctors want to rush baby food though... they don't need it for a year anyway.

Beenhereforever
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:38 PM
I nursed my babies a year exclusively. Have you thought about doner milk? If you are comfortable with that. Or, you could still pump and give that to them, or nurse them.
Roo1234
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:39 PM

Trust your instincts

SillySally83
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:41 PM

We're still breastfeeding, I just supplement with the preemie formula because I only produce about 8oz every 3 hours and they're both taking 6oz per feeding. I like that they get the extra calories from the formula too, but if it came to having to take them off the preemie formula I would start taking fenugreek rather than give them regular formula.

Quoting Beenhereforever:

I nursed my babies a year exclusively. Have you thought about doner milk? If you are comfortable with that. Or, you could still pump and give that to them, or nurse them.

Beenhereforever
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:43 PM
You are awesome.

Quoting SillySally83:

We're still breastfeeding, I just supplement with the preemie formula because I only produce about 8oz every 3 hours and they're both taking 6oz per feeding. I like that they get the extra calories from the formula too, but if it came to having to take them off the preemie formula I would start taking fenugreek rather than give them regular formula.

Quoting Beenhereforever:

SillySally83
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:47 PM

Awww :) Thank you!

You are awesome.

Quoting SillySally83:

Quoting Beenhereforever:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)