Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Im not the only one? Tax refund

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I am a student so my refund has been delayed.. I think.. I filed on the 17th and it still hasnt been approved even though my state has. I dont remember if one of the forms I used was one of the forms being delayed.. I know.. Im not bright.. but everyone says they recieved an email from turbotax or whoever they used to file stating this, but I havent.. Its like a 50 minute hold time to talk to any rep, so I was just curious if any of you are in the same situation and DID NOT recieve the email. 

Okay since maybe I was not clear... This is my question

STUDENTS that file the STUDENT DEDUCTION/CREDIT whatever..... DID YOU RECIEVE AN EMAIL FROM WHOEVER PREPARED YOUR TAXES STATING THAT YOUR REFUND WOULD BE DELAYED?!?!!?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:30 PM
Replies (11-19):
Kaelaasmom
by Katie on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:41 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

I got the email... 

Your Tax Return Status: Returns Sent Important Information About Your Tax Return
A quick update on your federal tax return
Although you submitted your return earlier this month, you may have heard that the IRS is not ready to accept tax returns that have certain deductions or credits in them - like yours. 

Your return is currently being held because it contains these deductions and/or credits: Education Credits.

If your federal return is being held, your state return may also be delayed.  Some state tax authorities require that the federal return is accepted before they can start processing.

This is a nationwide delay for all returns like yours - no matter who prepares them. Don't worry, you won't lose your place in line. We've got your return ready to go as soon as the IRS is ready to process it. 

Next step: keep watching your email. 

We'll send you another message when there is an update on the status of your return. 

I got this same email.

CafeMom Tickers
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:41 PM

MIDDLE OF MAY!? WTH!

My question is is who did or didnt recieve this email, because I didnt... So Im confused.

Quoting Anonymous:

I filed the student tax credit and was told my refund won't be processed until the end of February to middle of May.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:42 PM

No, I got it in an email on Thursday, when I sign into TT, it still says pending

Quoting Anonymous:

I didnt get that. Does that come up when you go to turbotax.com online to check the status?

Quoting Anonymous:

I got the email... 

Your Tax Return Status: Returns SentImportant Information About Your Tax Return
Although you submitted your return earlier this month, you may have heard that the IRS is not ready to accept tax returns that have certain deductions or credits in them - like yours. 

Your return is currently being held because it contains these deductions and/or credits: Education Credits.

If your federal return is being held, your state return may also be delayed.  Some state tax authorities require that the federal return is accepted before they can start processing.

This is a nationwide delay for all returns like yours - no matter who prepares them. Don't worry, you won't lose your place in line. We've got your return ready to go as soon as the IRS is ready to process it. 

We'll send you another message when there is an update on the status of your return. 

shannonmarie77
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:42 PM

Turbo Tax sent me one days after I filed that my educational credits caused a delay but wasn't really specific.  Online it says mid February.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:47 PM

Was it from "turbotax" or what was the exact sender name so maybe I Can search for it?

Quoting Anonymous:

No, I got it in an email on Thursday, when I sign into TT, it still says pending

Quoting Anonymous:

I didnt get that. Does that come up when you go to turbotax.com online to check the status?

Quoting Anonymous:

I got the email... 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:01 PM
Sorry - meant to type March!

Quoting Anonymous:

MIDDLE OF MAY!? WTH!

My question is is who did or didnt recieve this email, because I didnt... So Im confused.

Quoting Anonymous:

I filed the student tax credit and was told my refund won't be processed until the end of February to middle of May.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:33 PM

TurboTax

Quoting Anonymous:

Was it from "turbotax" or what was the exact sender name so maybe I Can search for it?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

I got the email... 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:35 PM
Maybe you got it but it went to your spam folder.
Mweddle
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:37 PM

If you're claiming studen loan interest, there is a delay on those refunds.  I can't remember when.  Like feb 15 or something?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)