Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Anyone having one?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies

A month where, "when it rains it pours?".

I feel like i've been hit with 30 different challenges in the month of January and hoping we will be getting out of this rut this February. We had an excellent 2012 and hope to have an excellent 2013. But, life does have hiccuips.

I also really hate going into my savings. When I have to take out money from my savings it really breaks my heart but I know that is why it is there. To help us. We have honestly, a decent amount in there but I hate to take out 30.00 or 50.00 once every two weeks or so to help with something unexpected that comes up. 

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
km1970
by Platinum Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:45 PM

Last year, in 3 weeks time. I broke a tooth($800 to fix), our control panel on our stove went out($250), dh needed a new battery in his truck ($90), plus it was right in the middle of December so there was Christmas and property tax to pay. Glad those types of months don't come around often.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:59 PM

that stinks =/

I've been bailing my mom out of her troubles for about three weeks now and finally I cracked and told her no more (she also tipped the scale about two hours ago and I finally cracked completely). I also had TWO unexpected bills pop up and we are slowly paying off some debt from my husbands crown (1,200 left to pay off). It feels like we are never going to see it go away but our small refund will be able to pay it off so we won't have to see it again.

I am happy these incidents to happen often but when they do they sure kick us, huh?

Quoting km1970:

Last year, in 3 weeks time. I broke a tooth($800 to fix), our control panel on our stove went out($250), dh needed a new battery in his truck ($90), plus it was right in the middle of December so there was Christmas and property tax to pay. Glad those types of months don't come around often.

AleaKat
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:00 PM
My husband always says bad luck comes in 3's
And so far he's never been wrong.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:06 PM

Well, my 3'rd unexpected hit this morning. So, I am assuming and hoping this is the end of it.

Quoting AleaKat:

My husband always says bad luck comes in 3's
And so far he's never been wrong.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN