Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why isn't this considered child abuse??

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:48 PM
  • 133 Replies
4 moms liked this

I just watched Our America XXL, I'm disgusted at the parents that let there children become morbidly obese. A twelve year old girl weighing more than 325 pounds! I'm sorry there's no excuse for that. Here mother claimed she couldn't cook healthy because she didn't know how! Seriously, does she not have common sense?! If she keeps getting bigger obviously her diet needs to change, It doesn't take a genius to realize this. Then her parents have the nerve to cry and shame ppl for making fun of there dd, yes bullying is wrong but her parents are just as responsible for the name calling, since they let her get this way.

I think the parents need to face serious consequences for there horrible parenting choices. Authorities would intervene if the home was unlivable, or the child was being poisoned, so why aren't they doing something now??

So there's my confession if you let your child become morbidly obese you are a bad parent! 

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
1stpreggers
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:48 PM

bump!

1stpreggers
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:49 PM

BUMP!

anotherhalf
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:50 PM

I think I have seen cases where CPS has taken a child for that reason.  It is incredibly cruel to do that to a child.

nelliesmommy
by prettyandpierced on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:50 PM

I agree.

nelliesmommy
by prettyandpierced on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:50 PM

BUMP!

mariesmama
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:51 PM

um there have been some children taken away from parents because the children were obese everything else was fine the kids had a clean home, so they were given back

brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:51 PM
11 moms liked this

I hve to say admitting that I was making my kid fat was the single most hardest thing to ever admit. I mean I love and care for him 24/7! i didnt want to face what I was doing.

But I did. I changed everything about how we eat and my little man has lost 20 much needed lbs. He is normal size and everyone compliments us! 

If I can make these changes anyone can. Quit making excuses and just do it. He didnt cry cause he was hungry. Because he had plenty of good choices to eat.

Photo: -Randi.Photo

tiffanydearing
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:51 PM
4 moms liked this
I totally agree with this, if a child is under fed then cps will step in, why not if they are over fed??? And seriously, doesn't know how to cook healthy??? Can she read?? Cook books aren't hard to obtain!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LovelyMommy24
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:52 PM

Agree. 

ThatSkinnyGirl
by FAT on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:52 PM
I know someone whose kid is 3 or 4 and the kid weighs more than me. Yeah, I'm skinny- but a toddler should NOT weigh more than me. He wears clothes the same size as my average sized 8 year old! The kid is doomed.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)