Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My son wore my bra

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies

My 5 year old son was wearing my bra under his shirt. I made him take it off. I don't let him wear any of my clothes because he tends to stretch them out and pull on the fabric which ruins them. I am not made of money and need my clothes. This would be no big deal but he goes back and forth between being a typical boy to wanting to be a girl. He also does the mangina tucking his private between his legs. He tries to be a girl, wants long hair, wants to wear girl clothes. He makes hair clips for himself at school. His dad does not know as he has not been involved but visits an hour or so every other weekend. His dad also told our son mean things about justin bieber whom my son really loves. My son does not express his want to be a girl in front of his dad. I am not anti gay in fact I highly support the gay community, but I think any type of gender confusion requires a lot of care and therapy as it is rough on the person throughout their lives. We live in a mixed area where it is mostly conservative but there are liberal people too. It is a very well known  and densely populated area to live. I don't know what to do with this. I just don't want my son to be bullied and I want him to thrive in school just like any other mom would.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Glitchtastic
by Glitter Trauma on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:57 PM

Support and protect him the best you can, but allow him to be himself. He may grow out of it or it might be something that is just his life. Everyone is different. Don't shame him and teach him that some people will try to, but it doesn't matter what they think. That you and other people will love him for who he is. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:59 PM

I just don't know how because he also had bad behavior problems. He gets violent and angers easily. He is in therapy for that. He has major daddy issues as well. He has never had a steady male role model.

Quoting Glitchtastic:

Support and protect him the best you can, but allow him to be himself. He may grow out of it or it might be something that is just his life. Everyone is different. Don't shame him and teach him that some people will try to, but it doesn't matter what they think. That you and other people will love him for who he is. 

nelliesmommy
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:00 PM

I never dealt with that. I hope things work out for you two. That is confusing.

Glitchtastic
by Glitter Trauma on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:08 PM

My youngest son has some pretty serious behavioral issues. He's also borders on being flamboyant but he's never said he wants to be a girl. He has a heart of gold under it all though. He's been put into an alternative school to help him learn how to control himself. His behavior had gotten so bad that he was falling behind in school because of all the melting down. A lot of it stems from his Father whom he watched be abusive to everyone for the first two years of his life. They've also tried to slap him with an ADHD diagnosis and want to medicate, but I'm not going for it. I'm highly against it. 

In your sons case you have to do what is best for him and being strong for him is one of the best things you can do. Don't shame him or make him feel weird about who he is. That will probably only compund and complicate the already issues he has. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I just don't know how because he also had bad behavior problems. He gets violent and angers easily. He is in therapy for that. He has major daddy issues as well. He has never had a steady male role model.

Quoting Glitchtastic:

mamabear55
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:09 PM

Does he look good in it?

TarantulaTress
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:11 PM
My son wore my heels at that age and was constantly getting into my makeup. He's 17 now and, as he puts it, "down with the ladies"...

As for the rest of it...good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wooly
by Knitting Maniac on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:13 PM

My youngest son used to go in my room and get my laciest panties out of my lingerie drawer and put them on after taking off his shorts. But he outgrew it by the time he went to school. It was funny!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:20 PM

Sounds like he needs to know that it is ok to be HIMself. That it's ok to be a boy. If he grows up and later in life finds he is/or wants to be something else, then ok. But right now he IS a boy. He should know that its ok to have boy parts, he should be comfortable in being a boy while so young. He is only five.

Just my opinion, I'm sure I''l be bashed for it and my words twisted around.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN