Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Bronchitis or pneumonia remedies?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 3 Replies
So with DH losing hi job, so went our insurance. were both still looking but as of right now unemployment sucks. So I know I have something, I'm pretty sure it's bronchitis for now, but I have a compromised immune system and its not uncommon for me to end up with pneumonia. So my lungs are on fire, I'm coughing up green gunk, I have sore muscles, and I could probably sleep 16 hours and still be tired.

Anyway, I have amoxicillin (because I never follow doctors orders and finish the darn things lol) and penicillin.

Aside from that idk what I could do as a home remedy to help this. Everything in my savings has to go toward bills for as long as possible because idk when we will have employment again and I don't want to waste that money on medical bills. So does anyone have suggestions?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Lyssa0587
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:20 PM

don't use the antibiotics if they are expired...they can be EXTREMELY harmful to your liver. On another note, you should always finish a round of antibiotics, your body will become immune to them if you don't...and any sickness could come back full force. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:22 PM
They're only from mid-December. I had severe strep and had 3 rounds on antibiotics. The third round finally kicked it but since it was a double dose I have about 10 days of regular doses left. The penicillin is older though, I'm just going to toss it.

Quoting Lyssa0587:

don't use the antibiotics if they are expired...they can be EXTREMELY harmful to your liver. On another note, you should always finish a round of antibiotics, your body will become immune to them if you don't...and any sickness could come back full force. 

Lyssa0587
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:24 PM
1 mom liked this

In that case, I would probably use it..LOL. That is just me, though. ;)  try googling and see if you come up with any advice. There may be people who have done it before.

Quoting Anonymous:

They're only from mid-December. I had severe strep and had 3 rounds on antibiotics. The third round finally kicked it but since it was a double dose I have about 10 days of regular doses left. The penicillin is older though, I'm just going to toss it.

Quoting Lyssa0587:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)