Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My dad died, and I am mad.

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:23 PM
  • 37 Replies

I know being mad is part of the grieving process, but I am not that kind of mad.  Well I am, but there is more to it. 

My dad was a holiday dad.  I saw him twice a year until I got old enough to drive to go see him.  We had some major downs in the last 29 years, but were okay the last 6 years.

I am mad at myself because I didn't take more time just to pick up the phone to say hi and I loved him.  I am mad at myself that I didn't find a way to see him more.  (We live about two hours apart and my daughter has severe asthma and he and his wife smoke and have many cats so going there the last 3 years was honestly not an option).  I am mad at my dad for not coming to the hospital when I had my daughters.  I am mad at my dad for not coming to see us when my daughter was in the PICU.  I am mad that my dad never made the effort he should have as a father or a grandgather to me or my children, but did for his step children.  I am mad he didn't tell me he was sick.

I am mad that I got ZERO say in his funeral.  I am mad that he has no burial or memorial place.  I am mad that I am his only daughter and wasn't even mentioned in his service.  I am mad that the only damn thing I have left of my dad is an old blanket. 

I don't know how to start to move forward from this.  I don't know what to do.  I don't want to be mad at myself, or him, or anyone else involved. 

Sorry I just needed to vent because I feel like I can't say this in my normal life because I don't want to hurt anyone in my family for my feelings. 

by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
eesmommy
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:27 PM
Have your own memorial for him.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Tatiana7
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:29 PM
Many hugs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:31 PM

I'm sorry. I know how you feel.

jbirdsladie27
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:32 PM

((((HUGS))))

Mel0dy
by Platinum Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:33 PM

So sorry :( *hugs* 

wooly
by Knitting Maniac on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:34 PM

I know exactly what how you feel. I don't even have a blanket. My kids are in their late 20's and 1 in his early 30's and they saw him exactly 2 times in their life. He never even acknowledged them. Never gave them so much as a dollar in a card, because he never gave them so much as a card, ever!  But he gave my ss's kids all kinds of stuff. My 3 are his only bio kids.

kngarber
by Katie on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:34 PM

I got a ton of really awesome pictures and am making a nice collage to hang on the wall.  I figure that's the best I can do since my step mom is having him cremated and I have no idea where she is letting the ashes go....or when...

Quoting eesmommy:

Have your own memorial for him.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:34 PM

I'm so sorry.  As far as the anger - you have every right to feel the way you do.  Allow yourself that and you will move forward.  It may be awhile, but you'll get there.  Hugs to you.

cmabbott
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:35 PM
*hugs*
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kngarber
by Katie on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:35 PM

I am sorry.  No one should know this feeling.  :(

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm sorry. I know how you feel.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)