Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

She is seeing her BM for the 1st time in 7-8 years -Update- -Update

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:36 PM
  • 50 Replies
We tracked down my 9 year old's Bio mother and now we are in NY going to meet her. I want to sit her down and talk about her terminating her rights so I can adopt her daughter. I have been raising her since she was 6. We are meeting in a restaurant and I am going to try to talk nicely about it. I don't want a custody battle but I will fight for her like I fought for her sister. I want my daughter there so she can choose and tell her BM that she wants to be with me.

If she tries to fight I will get her for abandonment.

Please wish us luck. Will update later.

Update: I am sitting at the restaurant waiting for her. I did leave my daughter at home with a friend. BM is an hour late and I am nervous. I called her about 5x and it kept going to VM so I am going to assume it died or she is on the train

Update #2: It is 9:30 she never showed up. I left at about 7 and called and told her that if she still wanted to discuss I would give her until Sunday. If I go back home without meeting her then I will go to.court.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
graciesnycmama
by Platinum Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:37 PM
Good luck mama! Please keep us updated.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
catrig
by Platinum Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:38 PM
8 moms liked this
You shouldn't put the child in the middle of it. Handle it in court.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
roxy27
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:39 PM
Good luck
LilliesValley
by Ruby Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:39 PM
3 moms liked this
I wouldn't want the child there. Not something she needs to be a part of especially if things get nasty. Jmot.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:39 PM
2 moms liked this

what if the child says she wants to go with her bio mom? I know that the likelihood of that happening is small but just wondering.. what if?

baquick
by Ruby Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:41 PM
This

Quoting LilliesValley:

I wouldn't want the child there. Not something she needs to be a part of especially if things get nasty. Jmot.
Crashly
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:42 PM
1 mom liked this
While I find what you are doing admirable, I think you should leave your dd out of the situation. You are potentially hurting her. She is a child and shouldn't be involved in adult matters.
Not to mention bm may want a life with her daughter after seeing her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
km1970
by Platinum Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:42 PM

I don't know if having a child there to choose is in the child's best interest. Couldn't you have this conversation with bm without your daughter there?

jkleinman
by Ruby Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:43 PM

Quoting Crashly:

While I find what you are doing admirable, I think you should leave your dd out of the situation. You are potentially hurting her. She is a child and shouldn't be involved in adult matters.

Not to mention bm may want a life with her daughter after seeing her.
lys20613
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:43 PM
2 moms liked this
I would just file abandonment and not involve the child. That will mess with her head.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)