Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

She is seeing her BM for the 1st time in 7-8 years -Update- -Update

Posted by   + Show Post
We tracked down my 9 year old's Bio mother and now we are in NY going to meet her. I want to sit her down and talk about her terminating her rights so I can adopt her daughter. I have been raising her since she was 6. We are meeting in a restaurant and I am going to try to talk nicely about it. I don't want a custody battle but I will fight for her like I fought for her sister. I want my daughter there so she can choose and tell her BM that she wants to be with me.

If she tries to fight I will get her for abandonment.

Please wish us luck. Will update later.

Update: I am sitting at the restaurant waiting for her. I did leave my daughter at home with a friend. BM is an hour late and I am nervous. I called her about 5x and it kept going to VM so I am going to assume it died or she is on the train

Update #2: It is 9:30 she never showed up. I left at about 7 and called and told her that if she still wanted to discuss I would give her until Sunday. If I go back home without meeting her then I will go to.court.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:36 PM
Replies (31-40):
AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:27 PM
Bump!
Crashly
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:06 PM
Did she show up?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
D.O.E.
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:11 PM

so these girls are your half sisters?

wow. you rock.

good luck.

AtillaTheHun
by facta, non verba on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:17 PM
How are you supposed to identify her? Please let me know how it went! I am keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Quoting AliKatAK47:

No she hasn't contacted. I am.waiting for her at the restaurant now. I don't even know what this woman looks like. I talked to her on the phone and told her to meet me at 5. She is almost 20 mins late but it might just be the NYC traffic or MTA

Quoting AtillaTheHun:

I asked my friend (she is an attorney) and she said any kind of contact between BM and the child could put the time of abandonment back to zero. Of course it depends on the laws in the specific state, too. Has BM called or contacted your daughter in any way in the last 7 years? I think you are doing the right thing by keeping the child out of this. I hope everything will work out for you guys!

Quoting AliKatAK47:

Thanks. I won't bring her. She can stay with my friend while I deal with it.

Quoting AtillaTheHun:

I agree with what some of the other mom's have already said for two teasonsThe child should not be there when you talkreasons. It could cause too much distress for her. If you want to get her for abandonment, the last thing I would do is give her the chance to meet the child. BM could say in court that she had just met her daughter and therefore there is no abandonment. I know the chances of this happeningr are small but some women will try everything...
Nynnie
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:26 PM
I would assume that meant she isn't coming. Let us know though and goodluck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TresHijas111825
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:32 PM
Im on the 1 train as I type this -trains suck right now. Hopefully she shows up! Good Luck.
flowerfunleah
by Leah on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:37 PM

Did she show up?

momma4vr
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:38 PM

good luck!

RadnRem
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:49 PM
I hope it all goes well!
silverdawn99
by Ruby Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:05 PM

bump

how nerve racking!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)