Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Horrible Things warning disturbing

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 31 Replies
I keep imagining horrible things happening to my kids. Idk why. I was cooking when ds got up from his nap. I picked him up and had to walk through the kitchen to hand him to Dh. I imagined slipping and slamming his head into the pot of boiling carrots even though I was about eight feet from the stove. Dd tripped and bumped her head on the coffee table: before I could get to her I visualized her missing half her face. (She was fine) Those are the two that really stood out but this has been happening all day and I am deeply disturbed by it.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:46 PM
Burmp
kamrynlily07
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:47 PM
2 moms liked this
You may have an anxiety disorder. I used to be that way. It was almost like I didn't trust myself. It was strange. I would NEVER dream of hurting my kids, but I would imagine them falling off the balcony or something horrible happening. My advice would be to see a dr. Good luck mama!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:47 PM

I dont know what to tell you. if it keeps happening go to counseling sessions Alone.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:49 PM
Do you still see these type of things

Quoting kamrynlily07:

You may have an anxiety disorder. I used to be that way. It was almost like I didn't trust myself. It was strange. I would NEVER dream of hurting my kids, but I would imagine them falling off the balcony or something horrible happening. My advice would be to see a dr. Good luck mama!

graciesnycmama
by Platinum Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:49 PM
You can't drive yourself crazy with the "what ifs". Nothing happened, she's fine.
Calm down mama, I used to do the same thing until I realized my anxiety was through the roof because of it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MistyMoo
by Ruby Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:49 PM
I was like that too.. I don't know why, it's kinda scary huh? It's stopped, but yeah... Not fun..
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mel0dy
by Ruby Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:49 PM

I do that sometimes. not as bad as you but i do and it can be very scary 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:50 PM

Did you go see a Dr? What kind? Did they put you on medication? Do you really think this is anxiety related... of all things? *I'm suffering through the same stuff**** and I have a baby on the way :'[ 

Quoting kamrynlily07:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:50 PM
It is creepy... I don't feel like I have control over these thoughts, they just show up

Quoting MistyMoo:

I was like that too.. I don't know why, it's kinda scary huh? It's stopped, but yeah... Not fun..

kamrynlily07
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:51 PM
No thank goodness, but I did have to go on meds for awhile.

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you still see these type of things

Quoting kamrynlily07:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN