Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Show me pictures of your....

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:48 PM
  • 95 Replies
My son's 5th birthday is next Monday and I'm thinking about trying to make his cake versus ordering it like I usually do. I've been looking for cute ideas online and I know you ladies are so creative! So show pictures of cakes you've made. Or anything you've baked that is awesome looking!!!

Please :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jemmy
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:48 PM
:-)
So.Ill.Mama
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:49 PM

i can't do cute cakes..i always get ours from walmart and do the cupcake cakes. for dd2's bday i got a john deere blizzard ice cream cake from DQ =)

Mrs.Engel11
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:50 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LavenderMom23
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:52 PM

I order whatever from the bakery

_ClearFruit_
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:53 PM

I never baked a cake for my daughters. But I will be thinking about it, I just need more work. 

redrose_12
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:54 PM
I haven't yet tried to make cakes but I like the idea of cupcakes for kids but in the form is a cake if that makes any sense. You Can do them in any way that way its easier serving and less clean up and mess.

Yesterday I seem a wedding dress cake that was made up of pull away cupcakes I know this is no bday cake but its an idea.
Kitschy
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:54 PM
5 moms liked this

I'm not a cake maker. This is the cake I made for my son's birthday party last year. Lucky for me, my kids think I'm awesome despite my lack of cake making talents. lol

SuperPickle
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:54 PM

I make ice cream cakes....my last one was a smores cake...graham cracker cake layer, chocolate cake layer and marshmallow ice cream....it was DELICIOUS!!

The_Doodle
by Platinum Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:59 PM
5 moms liked this

This was my daughter's second birthday cake. Just a basic chocolate sheet cake with the top decorated like Brobee from Yo Gabba Gabba.

MistyMoo
by Ruby Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:59 PM
4 moms liked this

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)