Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
I just made my menu and lists for the week. I'm going to have to go to at least 3 stores. Too many people with different dietary restrictions to find it all one place! Anyone else go through this headache week after week? How many stores do you go to, and why?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:02 PM
Replies (11-20):
brittany208
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:16 PM

I only have one DS, but I've taken him from birth so he is used to going and knows how to behave. It was hard when he first started walking because he wanted to walk all by himself, but he was just too slow. Now he walks very nicely besides me, and if he's naughty, he knows his butt goes right in the cart. 

Quoting WithHope:

I've got 3 kiddos, more when nieces & nephews are over so going anywhere is a big deal lol. Kiddos love the market but have no patience for Kroger, Sam's Club or the meat shop. Trader Joes is kid friendly but near the book store which always results in pleading to go there which is a whole new chaotic mess.

Quoting brittany208:

I usually go to two, sometimes three. because i coupon and different stores have different sales/double coupons etc. I block off one afternoon a week, go armed with my list (rearranged in order that the items are in the store), and just hit them all at once. not a big deal.

WithHope
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:59 PM
Lucky Mama. My oldest is no problem at all, but my boys 6 months & 2 make it an adventure. The youngest goes in a sling and the oldest in the cart. He is a handful! He's got a mischievous streak a mile wide and will unbuckle, open anything he can grab and really stress a mama out. Plus in this weather bundling kids up to go anywhere is nuts!

Quoting brittany208:

I only have one DS, but I've taken him from birth so he is used to going and knows how to behave. It was hard when he first started walking because he wanted to walk all by himself, but he was just too slow. Now he walks very nicely besides me, and if he's naughty, he knows his butt goes right in the cart. 

Quoting WithHope:

I've got 3 kiddos, more when nieces & nephews are over so going anywhere is a big deal lol. Kiddos love the market but have no patience for Kroger, Sam's Club or the meat shop. Trader Joes is kid friendly but near the book store which always results in pleading to go there which is a whole new chaotic mess.

Quoting brittany208:

I usually go to two, sometimes three. because i coupon and different stores have different sales/double coupons etc. I block off one afternoon a week, go armed with my list (rearranged in order that the items are in the store), and just hit them all at once. not a big deal.

s.osborne
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:00 PM
1 mom liked this
My mom goes to 3 different stores just to save a couple bucks on the sales a coupons and I'm like "the couple bucks you thought you saved you just spent in has driving all over the place" I only go to one place
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:03 PM

LOL, only three?  JK.  I go either weekly or biweekly (depending on what I need) and my "big" trips can be up to 5 stores.

Edit! - All stores are literally all in a .25mi radius or on the way to/from the store.

spunky946
by Ruby Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:04 PM

I go to one store, but do Costco once a month or so. We also to trader joes occasionally.

Nolanzo
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:04 PM
Aldi for everything possible on the list, then I supplement with Wegmans for the fancier deli and bakery items as well as my ethnic ingredients that Aldi does not carry...

... And if I need something particularly exotic, there is a fabulous Indian food store about 20 min drive away.... I do a LOT of Punjabi cooking :)
MeeshMom
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:05 PM
I buy certain things at certain places but try to get the generic stuff at the cheapest places like Walmart. The go to Vons for lunch meat and cheese since that's the only kind my son will eat. Sprout has the best produce and it's cheap. Then trader joes for the occasional treats and goodies. I love JoJos cookies! And their cinnamon bread is the best.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nancym3
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:05 PM
I go weekly to one store. I hate grocery shopping. I dread going.
Nolanzo
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:08 PM
This concept amuses me... Just the other day I debated with my father in law about driving 20 minute to the outskirts of Poughkeepsie to save 5 cents a gallon on gas. Um.... Duh? You drive a freakin Yukon and probably spent MORE just on your scenic route alone rather than paying the extra damn 5cents lol

Quoting s.osborne:

My mom goes to 3 different stores just to save a couple bucks on the sales a coupons and I'm like "the couple bucks you thought you saved you just spent in has driving all over the place" I only go to one place

wkukid
by Beach Bum on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:10 PM

We go to a grocery store for basics, a butcher shoppe for meats and in the summer we add farmers markets every weekend.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)