Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Very, Very Gross...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 2 Replies

Okay, so I have never been a good pooper.  Like ever!  On my first birthday I was in the ICU with an intussusception (where your intestines telescope into themselves creating a blockage).  In kindergarten I was at the children's hosptial because I had impacted bowels.  Eventually this was fixed by drinking an entire glass of milk of magnesia, which is not a pleasant experience.

To this day I have bouts of constipation, although its been a very long time since its been a serious issue.  The other day I was reading a blog post someone wrote about something called the Squatty Potty.  I had heard squatting while defecating is helpful, and this post reminded me of that, and since I was consitpated at the time, I used this giant stoolI have in the bathroom as a vanity seat that is about the same height as the toilet. 

I had not been able to go in days, despite my best efforts, and when I put my feet up on the stool I was able to go without even making any effort.  Since then I have been using it every time I need to go to the bathroom, and its so ridiculously easy to go now.  No effort at all.  Just sit and wait for your body to relieve it self.  I know this is super gross, hence the anonymous post, but if anyone that suffers from bathroom issues like me happens to read and try this, it will be so great to have helped someone with such an uncomfortable (both physically and to talk about) situation.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:15 PM
well, I'm glad you found something that helps
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:20 PM
I have been using a one foot still to put my feet on while I poo for a few years. I started when I was pregnant and it just kinda stuck. My DH makes fun if me for it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)