Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I can't believe what I saw at Walmart

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 55 Replies
I swear, some people should not be parents. DH and I were in Walmart today getting diapers and things for our little ones. We walked by a mother with 3 kids walking with her and a baby in the cart.

She had a BIG bean bag chair in the basket of the shopping cart. It was hanging out the top and sides of the cart. She had the baby just laying on top of the bean bag. The baby was about 6-9 months old. If he moved, he would have rolled right off that bean bag right onto the concrete floor. My DH and I just looked at each other and shook our heads.

The lady was speaking Spanish to her other kids, so she probably wouldn't have understood me if I had tried to tell her it was unsafe. Looking back on it, I probably should have gotten an employee to talk to her about it. I just keep thinking what would happen to that little baby's head if it hit that floor.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:16 PM
Dang beans.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:22 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:39 PM
Bump
SassyLeigh
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:43 PM

That's scary. And she'd probably try and sue Walmart.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:46 PM
Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me.

Quoting SassyLeigh:

That's scary. And she'd probably try and sue Walmart.

MrsFlores_2006
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:09 PM

He would have gotten a big pump and a big lollipop afterwards.. not safe at all but some people have no common sense

SillySally83
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:11 PM

These days, I call it, "uncommon sense".

Quoting MrsFlores_2006:

He would have gotten a big pump and a big lollipop afterwards.. not safe at all but some people have no common sense

Khaleesi
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:14 PM

No, he probably would have gotten a case of the deads.

A little girl died like that in a local grocery store a few years back. She was hanging out of the cart while the mom was getting vegetables and she fell out, cracked her head open & died.

Quoting MrsFlores_2006:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:17 PM
2 moms liked this
That does not shock me especially with Hispanics. I'm Hispanic btw. Mexican at that. They just don't give a fuck. Somehow their kids all survive though. It works for them.
kblossom20
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:19 PM

Ohhhh shit. I DEFINITELY would've said something. Smh.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)