Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For those of you who think its wrong to be with someone whos legally married....

My moms bouyfriend is legally married. Him and his wife have been seperated for 5 years. Shes been refusing a divorce. He just filed divorce and hopefully hell get it if she doesnt sign I think it just takes longer that way. He left her 5 years ago because shes a heroine addict her oldest (not his) is 16 and a heroine addict. They had 2 kids together a boy 15 and a girl 12. The boy now lives with my moms boyfriend and hes fighting for his daughter. When his divorce is final they are getting married. My moms been friends with this guy for over 20 years. His stbex lives in another state. My mom and her boyfriend love each other theres nothing wrong with them being together. My moms best friend has been with his gf for 10 years helped raise her kids and everything. The problem. They are both legally married the guy hasnt even seen his wife in 20 years. The girl hasnt been with her husband in 15 years. They are both getting divorces finally and getting married.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:23 PM
Replies (21-30):
sampson200
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Meh.

Either way, it just invites trouble.

I wouldn't want to invest my time in a man who has so much baggage and trouble on him.

If he wanted to be with me, he would push hard for a divorce and get his ducks in a row before even wanting me to enter his mess of a life.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:44 PM
1 mom liked this
That's only a possibility in a handful of states.

Morals should never be enforced by a court of law.

If a divorce is taking years due to one party being uncooperative I see no reason why the other should not move on with their life. Stalling your life indefinitely because your husband or wife is vindictive and petty only gives them what they want - you're just as miserable as they are.

Quoting Isaacsmom913:

Here's the irony--if the wife were smart, she'd counter sue him and your mother for allienation of affection for he is technically having an affair and morally that is wrong and she'd win regardless of her issues.  There are many reasons other than morally that you never tie your horse to a married man or woman.  You wait until the ink is dry and then do what ever the wind blows you towards.

edelweiss23
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:45 PM
1 mom liked this
She lost me a heroine addict.

Quoting mariesmama:

you lost me at bouyfriend a bouy is what boats go around

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Barronbaby
by Brandi on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:45 PM
Married is still married. I would never involve myself with a married man opps except my man who is married to me
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Angelanscalf89
by Platinum Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:45 PM
Even though she has a boyfriend herself??? And shes a fucking heroine addict who got her 16 year old hooked on that shit. Plus shes collecting social security and pa for a kid who not only doesnt live with her but also doesnt even live in the same state as her. Im pretty sure she wouldnt fuck herself like that.

Quoting Isaacsmom913:

Here's the irony--if the wife were smart, she'd counter sue him and your mother for allienation of affection for he is technically having an affair and morally that is wrong and she'd win regardless of her issues.  There are many reasons other than morally that you never tie your horse to a married man or woman.  You wait until the ink is dry and then do what ever the wind blows you towards.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:45 PM
I personally agree with you, but I can empathize with situations where a stbx is uncooperative and is only out to make the other persons life a living hell. It's not all that uncommon.

Quoting Aleta775:

Oh well. I would move on to date someone else anyway. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Depending on the amount of money and resources the person who doesn't want to divorce has they absolutely can hold that shit up for YEARS, sometimes even longer.

Quoting Aleta775:

I agree with Sassy. Even if a person doesn't want to sign divorce papers, they cannot delay a divorce forever. There are ways to get a person to sign so that it doesn't drag out for years. I wouldn't feel comfortable being with someone that was still married. 

Quoting Sassy762:

Right or Wrong.... I personally would never become involved with a married man regardless of  how long he has been separated...but that is just me

arpazia
by Platinum Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:46 PM
Yup yup yup:)

Quoting Sassy762:

Right or Wrong.... I personally would never become involved with a married man regardless of  how long he has been separated...but that is just me

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
conweis
by Platinum Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:46 PM
1 mom liked this

My SO and I are both married to other people. It really isn't a big deal. His ex has no claim over his medical decisions or life insurance. We will get our divorces sooner or later but it isn't going to interfere with our relationship.

Angelanscalf89
by Platinum Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:47 PM
Sorry if Im typing on a phone with small buttons and sometimes hit two at a time. Wtfe

Quoting mariesmama:

you lost me at bouyfriend a bouy is what boats go around

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Isaacsmom913
by Platinum Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:47 PM

If she got a good attorney she could...the attorney would claim hubby got w/your mother before she got the boy friend.

Quoting Angelanscalf89:

Even though she has a boyfriend herself??? And shes a fucking heroine addict who got her 16 year old hooked on that shit. Plus shes collecting social security and pa for a kid who not only doesnt live with her but also doesnt even live in the same state as her. Im pretty sure she wouldnt fuck herself like that.

Quoting Isaacsmom913:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured