Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

For those of you who think its wrong to be with someone whos legally married....

My moms bouyfriend is legally married. Him and his wife have been seperated for 5 years. Shes been refusing a divorce. He just filed divorce and hopefully hell get it if she doesnt sign I think it just takes longer that way. He left her 5 years ago because shes a heroine addict her oldest (not his) is 16 and a heroine addict. They had 2 kids together a boy 15 and a girl 12. The boy now lives with my moms boyfriend and hes fighting for his daughter. When his divorce is final they are getting married. My moms been friends with this guy for over 20 years. His stbex lives in another state. My mom and her boyfriend love each other theres nothing wrong with them being together. My moms best friend has been with his gf for 10 years helped raise her kids and everything. The problem. They are both legally married the guy hasnt even seen his wife in 20 years. The girl hasnt been with her husband in 15 years. They are both getting divorces finally and getting married.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:23 PM
Replies (71-73):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:13 PM
These.

Quoting Aleta775:

I agree with Sassy. Even if a person doesn't want to sign divorce papers, they cannot delay a divorce forever. There are ways to get a person to sign so that it doesn't drag out for years. I wouldn't feel comfortable being with someone that was still married. 

Quoting Sassy762:

Right or Wrong.... I personally would never become involved with a married man regardless of  how long he has been separated...but that is just me

Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:15 PM
Ok, my dh was married when we met. Had been sep over a yr. Both had filed divorce but she was dragging her feet since he was being deployed n she knew she would get lots of benefits while he was gone. It still took several months after he got back, amazingly, she was ready to go to court when his tri care insurance ran out and she was no longer getting a free ride.. We never tried to hide, and as far as adultery ? I feel once the vows are broken, in this case by her messing around, drug abuse etc...then its over and is just a piece of paper at that point.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:41 PM

Everybody's situation is different.Unfortunately they all get lumped up into one big ball,especially in here. I think what a lot of people get ticked about are the ones who are in those situations and in here whining and moaning about all the problems they are having and all the misery they are dealing with.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN