Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Video games

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:34 PM
  • 23 Replies
I was watching tv before work with my boyfriend and sister. My boyfriend said he wanted to play video games and i said but the litter box and dishes need done. So he gets up and does them. He then walks over and starts to play video games and i get mad. I told him why should i have to watch him play games when ill be leaving for work soon and they could play the whole time i was gone. He then got mad and told me i was a liar bc i said he could play after he did the chores.
I did say he needed to do these things but i never said i would hand over the tv the minute he did them, why should i have to go to another room by myself or watch them play a game when they can play the whole time im at work? whos right or wrong?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:36 PM

Well you didn't tell him you didn't want him to play until you left for work. If that is what you wanted you should have told him that. He isn't a mind reader ya know. Sorry but communication is key!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:37 PM
He is right. You should of told him that before. Men need precise/clear explanations/directions.
daughteroftruth
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:38 PM

huh?  are you both in high school or something?

HistoryNutty
by Ruby Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:40 PM
1 mom liked this
You sound like mother and child. Quit it. Go get ready for work and suck it up. Maybe be a little more specific next time. Guys can't read minds.
jillbailey26
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I'll just say you're wrong.  You gave him the impression that if he did those things he would be able to play.  

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

spunky946
by Ruby Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:42 PM

Quoting HistoryNutty:

You sound like mother and child. Quit it. Go get ready for work and suck it up. Maybe be a little more specific next time. Guys can't read minds.

Plus-size-mommy
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:43 PM
How old are the two of you?
peachesforme
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:44 PM

find a hobby and completely ignore him, that includes no sex. he'll get the hint when you put your hobby before him.

cutebaby06
by Platinum Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:50 PM

You're married to one of your kids? Hmmm, isn't that kind of sick?

NehrigBrooke
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:46 AM
Just for the record i was wanting some useful feed back, not a bunch of shitty comments. So if you arent going to be helpful dont give ur advice.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN