Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Now I know why most ppl who work fast food.....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 99 Replies

are fat!

My brother got a job at Burger King. He started yesterday, and while he was training - they told him he could get a cup and have a few refills on a drink, as long as he's working.
They also give $4.50 for what they called a "meal allowance" for every 6 hours of work in a day.

Have you worked fast food? Are you big/bigger/fat? Did your fast food place give you an allowance like that?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:38 PM
3 moms liked this
What does that have to do with being fat? You don't have to drink cokes, you can drink water. You don't have to eat the food, you bring you own.
Also most of the people that work in fast food in my city are of average weight.
mommyrustina
by Platinum Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:39 PM
2 moms liked this

I was skinny while working at McDonald's. I worked there from age 16 through 22 while I was in a high school and college. I lived by myself and was going to college so I was not about to spend money on food when I could get it for free. I just chose the healthier options or created my own.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:40 PM
I worked at Dairy Queen for extra cash in the summer & I didn't eat the food there. If I did, I made my own salad.
prenatalRN
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:40 PM

I worked at pizza hut while in college. We got the same deal, free drinks and one free meal in an 8 hour shift. I only drank water and only ate at the salad bar. I didn't gain any weight so I was happy!

SuperPickle
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:40 PM
1 mom liked this

I worked at godfathers pizza and I could make myself anything I wanted on shifts. I could even take leftovers from the buffet after hours. I did not gain weight though.(because I stuck to lighter items and salad bar)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:40 PM
burgerville don't do that. They do give half off, IF you order while you're on the clock. So only on 10 min breaks. You couldn't get the discount if you were clocked out for your 30 min break. I worked at one for 4 years, I was 140lbs the entire 4 years. stopped working there, got pregnant, now I'm 190 and it won't go away :(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
xtwistedxlovex
by Platinum Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:40 PM

I worked at McDonalds as a teen. We were given $4 to use on break, plus %50 off while not working. I lost weight while working there because processed foods make my tummy unhappy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:43 PM
Lol silly.. Fat People get hired too.. :-P And i work at mcds n dont eat all their crap and weigh the same. Soo yeah o_O
mymanben
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:45 PM
1 mom liked this
I worked for Mcdonalds for 4 years. I was a manager and got free drinks and free food (when on the clock) on each break. I rarely had that much but I'm no where near fat
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:45 PM

I worked at Peter piper pizza. We were allowed one personal pizza per day and as many drinks as we wanted. I lost weight while I was working there though. I didn't make enough money for a car so I had to ride my bike there and back every day.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN