Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Now I know why most ppl who work fast food.....

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

are fat!

My brother got a job at Burger King. He started yesterday, and while he was training - they told him he could get a cup and have a few refills on a drink, as long as he's working.
They also give $4.50 for what they called a "meal allowance" for every 6 hours of work in a day.

Have you worked fast food? Are you big/bigger/fat? Did your fast food place give you an allowance like that?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:35 PM
Replies (11-20):
Isaacsmom913
by Platinum Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:46 PM

I worked for Taco Bell while in high school.  We could have unlimited drinks, and 1 meal during work hours if we got a lunch.  Off the clock we got a discount on meals.  I drank and still drank diet soda or water-but back then I was also very active so even if I did drink a Coke the extra calories wouldn't have done much ot my figure...now, oh boy thats all I'd need!

abbysmom818
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:51 PM

Most of the people I see working at fast food places aren't fat. I see more fat people working at sit-down restaurants. 

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

gcstar42
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:55 PM

I worked at mcdonalds for a while when I was in college. I am not, nor was I ever fat. I am 5'8" and abut 130 lbs. The most I have ever weighed is about 140lbs and the least (since being an adult) was about 115 lbs. We could get drinks but we had to pay for any food we got. I believe we got like a 50% discount only while we were at work and then only at our break time.

meka26
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:57 PM

I worked at BK years ago and I didn't work with a lot of fat people. Most of the people I worked with were average in size. We all stopped eating BK when we worked there too. The shit we saw was enough to make me never want to eat fast food again. We didn't get a food allowance either. It was 50% off meals and we could not have drinks unless we paid for them.

hargonagain
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:57 PM

I used to work at Del Taco and if I remember right we had to pay 35 cents for each meal wwhile you were at work.

KairisMama
by Emerald Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:58 PM
I brought tons of food home when I worked at mcdonalds. I was 15. We pigged out. No I'm not fat. :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
brittany208
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:59 PM

I worked at olive garden and ate LOTS of breadsticks! good thing I only worked two days a week! lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:00 PM
I worked at McDonald's for 2 years and no I was not fat, and didn't gain weight while I worked there. Also we did not get free drinks unless it was water, and employees get a 50% discount but managers eat free. I was a manager and ate there every day that I worked, but I haven't eaten at a mcdonalds since I stopped working there lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:00 PM

when i worked at McDonalds the only thing free i got were drinks..no food or anythng like that.

sampson200
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:01 PM

Quoting prenatalRN:

I worked at pizza hut while in college. We got the same deal, free drinks and one free meal in an 8 hour shift. I only drank water and only ate at the salad bar. I didn't gain any weight so I was happy!

I worked at Pizza hut as a waitress in highschool.

Salad baaaaaaaaar for the win!! Sooooo good :)

Sometimes I would spurge and take home some cavatini, but man, I lived on that salad bar.

In college it was Olive Garden: I would always take home the salad. We had a slight discount off the menu, but we could take home salad for free. I wasn't about to spend my tips on the menu!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN