Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Now I know why most ppl who work fast food.....

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

are fat!

My brother got a job at Burger King. He started yesterday, and while he was training - they told him he could get a cup and have a few refills on a drink, as long as he's working.
They also give $4.50 for what they called a "meal allowance" for every 6 hours of work in a day.

Have you worked fast food? Are you big/bigger/fat? Did your fast food place give you an allowance like that?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:35 PM
Replies (21-30):
mom2ljh
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:01 PM
I worked fast food for a year at Chick Fil A. I weighed the same when I left as when I started. I got an entree and a side if I worked 5 hours. We got short drink breaks when we could during a shift. I actually gained weight NOT working, lol. I'm not really far though.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
nsrush83
by Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:02 PM
I worked in fast food for over a year and I got my skinniest while working there.
prenatalRN
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:02 PM

LOL the salad bar was pretty awesome, or it just might have been that it was free :) I was a driver and love it! I was in my car all day listening to Led Zeppelin and getting tips. Good times, simple times......

Quoting sampson200:

Quoting prenatalRN:

I worked at pizza hut while in college. We got the same deal, free drinks and one free meal in an 8 hour shift. I only drank water and only ate at the salad bar. I didn't gain any weight so I was happy!

I worked at Pizza hut as a waitress in highschool.

Salad baaaaaaaaar for the win!! Sooooo good :)

Sometimes I would spurge and take home some cavatini, but man, I lived on that salad bar.

In college it was Olive Garden: I would always take home the salad. We had a slight discount off the menu, but we could take home salad for free. I wasn't about to spend my tips on the menu!

CafeMom Tickers
mrspena
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:04 PM
Dh used to be a manager at a KFC for 9 years. He worked crazy long hours and didnt really have time to just sit down and eat so he would just grab a hotwing or biscut and eat it real quick. By doing that, a little peice here a little peice there, the weight started coming on. Now he is the manager at a Carl's Jr. he gets 50% off his meals but he prefers to take his lunch. And is down to 7-5 hours so we go to the gym together. And the.weight is starting to come off.
As for me we met at the KFC when I worked for him. I was only there for 4 years. I didnt start gaining weight until after I stopped workikng there.
WithHope
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:05 PM
I worked at Waffle House. I ate there every night I worked, but lost weight because I was so disgusted at kichen happenings I stopped eating out.
MicheleJM
by Phoenix on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:07 PM

Actually I was thinner back in the day when I worked fast food.  We got half price on food.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:07 PM
My sister has been working at McDonald's for 15 years and is rail thin! She eats there a lot.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:07 PM
I worked two years at a Burger King. I. Actually lost 27 pounds because the repetitive fast food smell didn't make me feel "kosher" LOL! The first month I loved it and gained about 10 pounds that first month. Then the newness wore off and it was just a regular job...that smelled uugghh! After a while!
sampson200
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:08 PM

We were always jealous of the drivers; they made better money! :)

I think minimum wage back then was $4.25/hr :)

Quoting prenatalRN:

LOL the salad bar was pretty awesome, or it just might have been that it was free :) I was a driver and love it! I was in my car all day listening to Led Zeppelin and getting tips. Good times, simple times......

Quoting sampson200:

Quoting prenatalRN:

I worked at pizza hut while in college. We got the same deal, free drinks and one free meal in an 8 hour shift. I only drank water and only ate at the salad bar. I didn't gain any weight so I was happy!

I worked at Pizza hut as a waitress in highschool.

Salad baaaaaaaaar for the win!! Sooooo good :)

Sometimes I would spurge and take home some cavatini, but man, I lived on that salad bar.

In college it was Olive Garden: I would always take home the salad. We had a slight discount off the menu, but we could take home salad for free. I wasn't about to spend my tips on the menu!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:08 PM
I used to work in baskin Robbins. We had a policy that if a customer asked you to try a flavor sample with them you had to and we were allowed one free reg. scoop of ice cream a day for break. I gained 45-50 lbs in 3 months before I quit. Needless to say I like ice cream a lil less now.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)