Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Now I know why most ppl who work fast food.....

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

are fat!

My brother got a job at Burger King. He started yesterday, and while he was training - they told him he could get a cup and have a few refills on a drink, as long as he's working.
They also give $4.50 for what they called a "meal allowance" for every 6 hours of work in a day.

Have you worked fast food? Are you big/bigger/fat? Did your fast food place give you an allowance like that?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:35 PM
Replies (41-50):
emptynesst
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:15 PM
My dd is a manager at Bk. She is not big at all.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jamamama00
by Platinum Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:15 PM

I worked at Sonic in high school, and I was the thinnest I've ever been in my life! You run your ASS off working in fast food...even if it's not a carhop-type job. We had a free lunch, too...but I rarely used it. After a few months of being around it, the food will disgust you. I still have trouble even smelling their food, and that was 18 years ago. Also, lots of convenient stores and other places have free refils on sodas. That doesn't mean you have to drink them:/ I rarely drink soda, ever...

bi-polarmommy
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:16 PM

WHEN I WAS 16 MY FIRST JOB WAS AT TACO BELL - I GOT FREE DRINKS, AND DISCOUNTED MEALS

Bethsunshine
by Emerald Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:17 PM

My husband moonlighted at a pizza shop when I was pregnant with my oldest son. It was too easy to call him up and have him bring home a pizza at 9 o'clock at night!

Nolanzo
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Meh... I live in the home of the Buffalo Wing, which apparently is mutually inclusive with pizza... It's a fat town in general, sorry to say.

Over the course of eight years of living on the beach in FL, I became accustomed to seeing bikini bodies and a generally healthier lifestyle... Yoga, Pilates, and gyms as far as the eye could see... Then I moved back north and was blindsided by the sheer quantities of overweight people. It's sad and a remarkable difference in atmospheres.

In Buffalo, we do two things: drink beer and eat pizza/wings. It does not a healthy town make!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
zebbyzebby06
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:39 PM
Mcds have 50% off. Even when id get food for my family. That was in hs i started at 130 and 4yrs later i weighed 110
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:54 PM

so most of you guys are saying that after working there for a little while, it doesn't taste all that good anymore.. I guess I could undersand that.

Lilys_mama1222
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:56 PM
I worked at chick fil a and mc donalds I didn't gain any weight I actually lost weight.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
.Milfshake.
by SoNastySoRude on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:57 PM
Idk, never worked a Fast food job a day in my life
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:58 PM
1 mom liked this

when I worked at mcdonalds we had one free meal if we worked for a full shift (8hrs) but salads werent included lmao!

At tim hortons, coffee, donuts and tea biscuits were free.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)