Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Now I know why most ppl who work fast food.....

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

are fat!

My brother got a job at Burger King. He started yesterday, and while he was training - they told him he could get a cup and have a few refills on a drink, as long as he's working.
They also give $4.50 for what they called a "meal allowance" for every 6 hours of work in a day.

Have you worked fast food? Are you big/bigger/fat? Did your fast food place give you an allowance like that?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:35 PM
Replies (51-60):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:06 PM
1 mom liked this

That's a pretty good deal. No FF places around here give employees anything like that. They get a 25% or 50% discount, but no free food. My husband works for a restaurant management company that owns several local franchises, 6 different brands, he goes to the restaurants to do computer maintenance and works at the main office. He gets a 50% discount while he's working and 25% when he isn't. He rarely eats anything though. He's seen enough "behind the scenes" that he avoids the food in most of the places. lol

autiemama516
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:10 PM

I worked at Subway. I usually had a 6 inch ham and swiss on my break. We also had unlimited fountain beverages but all I ever touched was the diet. This was also before I had 4 kids and I was alot thinner back then!

The_Doodle
by Platinum Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:17 PM

I am bigger. I'm not going to blame work for it. I don't eat well although we're trying to work on that as a family right now. I will say it is hard to try to minimize soda when you have a machine with 120+ flavors and free refills.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 16 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:20 PM
I did and gained a little but not much. I think it had more to do with the fact that I started BC...I hadn't gained anything and had been working there for months. Went on BC and BAM! Gained weight.
periwinkle163
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:21 PM

I was actually much thinner when I worked fast food and restaurants.

skittlefart
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:22 PM

Never worked fast food before, never heard of this and most of the workers that I've seen are actually quite skinny. Now of course that's only my town I'm speaking for.  

IMG_0535_zpsc0ad53e7-1_zps89952559 photo IMG_0535_zpsc0ad53e7-1_zps89952559-1_zpsa642ab08.jpg
Nicky has gathered 4 valentines!
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Daisypath Wedding tickers
Anonymous
by Anonymous 17 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:23 PM

When I worked fast food in HS I was a vegetarian so I did eat the food, but I asked them not to put meat on my sandwich. It was just the bread, lettace, tomato and cheese. I rarely had time to drink a soda all day though. I got one with my meal, but that's it.

I was overweight before being hired there.

ihave1
by Platinum Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:23 PM

I see why you went anon for this. 

I worked fast food and was not allowed ANY free food.  Any way  you need to grow up. 

armywife009
by Platinum Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:24 PM

I worked at McDonalds as a teen and we were given a free meal once a day for our lunch break. Their food always tore my stomach, so I rarely ate it. No I was not fat then, yes I am big now, but not thanks to fast food (or kids). I like soda, lol.

I have the body type that requires working out all the time and extra to stay small, I stopped working out a few years ago and got lazy. I'm getting back to it though, slowly but surely.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:25 PM

Why do I need to grow up? It was just a few simple questions.

Quoting ihave1:

I see why you went anon for this. 

I worked fast food and was not allowed ANY free food.  Any way  you need to grow up. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN