Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Now I know why most ppl who work fast food.....

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

are fat!

My brother got a job at Burger King. He started yesterday, and while he was training - they told him he could get a cup and have a few refills on a drink, as long as he's working.
They also give $4.50 for what they called a "meal allowance" for every 6 hours of work in a day.

Have you worked fast food? Are you big/bigger/fat? Did your fast food place give you an allowance like that?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:35 PM
Replies (91-99):
opal10161973
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:17 PM

Taco Bell let us have 50% off of any food purchase and McDonald's allowed free at first and then went to 50% also.  IDK what it is now, this was back in 1990-1991.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:17 PM

woahhhhh someone struck a nerve!

meow!

Quoting ihave1:

Fuck me for not having the same god damn opinion that you and every body  fucking else!  She is childish b/c she thinks that  ppl who work fast food are  fat for that reason.  It's been over 12 years since I worked at a fast food place. You dont know how I feel.    Why dont you go and attack someone else for having a different opinion then you b/c I am done   with this now.

Quoting ff-princess:

you're continually calling a post childish, yet can't formulate a single coherent reason why other than "it's childish"... news flash - it's not me with the problem.

are you really fat from eating fast food while working and this offends you or something?  or are you mad that apparently you're the only poster who has had to pay full price?  that's about the only thing one could conclude from your "it's childish" rant.  no one else that's responded has had a single issue answering two simple questions - did your employer offer this, and did you gain weight.  is that too far out there for you?  there wasn't even the slightest bit of innuendo, accusation, or judgment behind the op but for some reason you're all butt hurt.

so what's the real deal here?  or is "it's childish" the only response you can come up with?  because to date, it appears you're a minority of one.

Quoting ihave1:

if this is what you think a temper tantrum is, then you got problems.  lol

Quoting ff-princess:

yet you're the only one I see throwing a temper tantrum...

Quoting ihave1:

What ever you say.  This post is childish, there for she needs to grow up.

Tff-princess:

you must have had to dig pretty hard to find anything at all offensive about this post.  I don't think it's the OP that has growing up to do, sure wasn't able to discern that from her post anyway.

Quoting ihave1:

I see why you went anon for this. 

I worked fast food and was not allowed ANY free food.  Any way  you need to grow up. 

Val99
by Ruby Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:18 PM

There is a McDonald's I stop at occasionally on the way home from work for a diet coke.  Every single employee I've been able to see through the drive-thru window has been obese.  They are middle aged women there - never see teenagers  which I found odd. They wear black chino type pants and most of them have the pockets tearing along the seam because their stomach is so big.   They all look about a size 26/28.

Mrs.Winchester
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:19 PM

When I worked at Subway as a teen they let us have a 6 inch sub if we took a lunch that day.  I guess most people consider Subway healthy but it's really not.

Sept-babies2
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:20 PM
i was a manager for wendys for three years before i had kids. I got free food and drinks. I never ate there. I wasn't fat then and i'm not fat now. I weigh about 125 and i am 5'6. So that isn't true not everyone chooses to eat fast food when they work there.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:20 PM

I worked at Wendy's when I was in high school and I didn't get fat , I got tired of their food real fast lol. We got free food while we were working and half off stuff to bring home. I also worked at a restaurant in the kitchen and could make what I wanted for free but I would make up my own recipies and make healthier things :) 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:49 PM
1 mom liked this

I worked taco bell in high school a million years ago, and I can still remember even after showering and washing your polyester uniform you would still have The Bell Smell oozing out of your pores.  still love me some taco bell tho.

Quoting mom2priceboys:

yeah, I work part time at TB for some extra cahs and they do allow us to have a small frink cup at our break. We used to have a 50% off up to $6 meal discount but they took it away - like they're losing money!!! Earn it off the backs of poor workers.!! I actually didn't use it too much becasue after you work a few hours the food just stinks (this is a personal comment)

krystyneh
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:51 PM
My husband worked at McDonald's for 3 months and they did the same but he refused to eat the food. He said that working there made him not want to eat it because he knew what it was and how it was made and all of that. He's 5' 11" and 180 pounds. He's now back to being an over the road truck driver
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mom2priceboys
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:19 PM

a million years ago hahaha-me too!! I go to school over full time so I need a job that has varietal hours. however, for sure fast food is a young persons game - I can barley walk the next day after a 6 hour shift.

Quoting Anonymous:

I worked taco bell in high school a million years ago, and I can still remember even after showering and washing your polyester uniform you would still have The Bell Smell oozing out of your pores.  still love me some taco bell tho.

Quoting mom2priceboys:

yeah, I work part time at TB for some extra cahs and they do allow us to have a small frink cup at our break. We used to have a 50% off up to $6 meal discount but they took it away - like they're losing money!!! Earn it off the backs of poor workers.!! I actually didn't use it too much becasue after you work a few hours the food just stinks (this is a personal comment)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)