Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why Can't I Spank Them?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 108 Replies
10 moms liked this
I noticed people who get angry at the idea of others disciplining their children are only the parents that use spanking.

By others I mean whoever you have trusted to care for your child.

I've heard so many times, "no one lays a finger on my kid but me".

But you trusted them to step in as your proxy. So why is it that you can spank but the person you left him with cannot?

I have never heard anything of the sort from families that don't use spanking. I've never heard, "no one gives my kid a time out but me!"...

I think deep down all spankers know what they are doing is very risky to their childs well being. Otherwise they wouldn't mind if someone else used the same punishment that they use.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:38 PM
2 moms liked this

true. I've trusted few people with my kids, and would expect them to follow the same rules of discipline that I use. so since I spank, I would trust them to spank my kids should that situation arise.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:39 PM
5 moms liked this

Because deep down everyone knows spanking is unnecessary and mean so they say only parents can becuase it "teaches them a lesson" But You wouldn't go up to any coworker or friend who stole your lunch from the fridge to give them a good spanking......

Spanking is the idiots way of parenting.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:39 PM
12 moms liked this
Because I know I am not going to spank in anger or for the wrong reasons. I don't know you ould be the same way. If I ever found out the babysitter spanked my child...her ass would be mine.
mmmonkey
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:40 PM
9 moms liked this
I think you may be on to something here. If they didn't think there was anything wrong with it, why not let their caregivers spank?

Spanking is a form of physical violence, plain and simple. And I also suspect that parents who spank realize it as well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kmary
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:41 PM

I think you're brilliant. 

prenatalRN
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:42 PM

I agree

doulala
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:42 PM
Quoting mmmonkey:

I think you may be on to something here. If they didn't think there was anything wrong with it, why not let their caregivers spank?

Spanking is a form of physical violence, plain and simple. And I also suspect that parents who spank realize it as well.

Or teachers.
Why can't teachers spank the kids?

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:43 PM
2 moms liked this

No one spanks my children/grandchildren......Not me or anyone else that wants to see the sun rise the next day

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:44 PM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't trust anyone with my child if I wasn't confident they could do the job right. So it freaks me out you allow people to watch your kid that you don't trust.

Quoting Anonymous:

Because I know I am not going to spank in anger or for the wrong reasons. I don't know you ould be the same way. If I ever found out the babysitter spanked my child...her ass would be mine.
SillySally83
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:45 PM

In some states the can, they just don't because parents like me would flip the hell out on them lol.

Quoting doulala:

Quoting mmmonkey:

Or teachers.
Why can't teachers spank the kids?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)