Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Should I contact the HOA?

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:59 PM
  • 11 Replies
I've been to apartment complexes and neighborhoods with signs prohibiting 'boom boom' music blasting from cars. Mine isk not one of them.... Yet. About ten times a day unbelievably loud bass penetrates my home. I feel it in my body, it's so big. (That's what she said.) It hurts my ears. Sometimes they park and leave it on for up to 20 minutes. It's steadily getting worse. I think it's tweakers and smurfs (the people who obtain ingredients for meth), so I'm not sure a sign would help much, regular police patrols don't. It's been bugging me for over a year and wakes my baby from naps, in the morning, and at night. Should I go to the HOA or should I breathe deeper and get even better at tolerating it? I've heard it twice while writing this up on mobile...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:01 PM
You have a hoa for a rental?
Isaacsmom913
by Platinum Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:01 PM

If the police can't do anything i highly doubt the HOA would be able too either.  It is however noise polution and annoying...

Kitschy
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:01 PM

I'd call the cops

ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:03 PM

Oh my love for HOA *rolls eyes*. Cops would probably be a better idea if the area has noise regulations.

lalaboosh
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:05 PM
Yeah, we live in a duplex owned by the lady in the other half. If as renters we have no voice I'm sure she'd share on. our behalf. I'm thinking of asking other neighbors if they also have a problem with it.

Quoting Anonymous:

You have a hoa for a rental?

Nolanzo
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:07 PM
1 mom liked this
Bass booming cars are infuriating to me... One of my biggest pet peeves. It's definitely on my Top 3 list of the most obnoxious things on the planet.

Idk what I would do... But if its the same culprit parking nearby time after time, I would call the cops as soon as they pull up next time. Don't know if they could or would do anything though.
ihave1
by Platinum Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:08 PM

Call cops & then try to move to a better place. 

wkukid
by Ocean Wave on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:09 PM

The police wouldn't do anything where I lived until after ten pm. I hope your state is different.

lalaboosh
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:12 PM
I know, but I wonder if some people are fresh off the freeway and oblivious to the scene change.

Quoting Isaacsmom913:

If the police can't do anything i highly doubt the HOA would be able too either.  It is however noise polution and annoying...

redneckmama2
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:19 PM

God that shit hurts my head so damn bad. It pisses me off when people do that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)