Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

MIL being immature? WDYT?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 31 Replies

Say you have 2 kids, eighteen month and 3 months old. You breastfeed your 3 month old every 3 hours and your 8 month old sleeps through the night. You also have to pump every 3 1/2 hours to make sure you don't clog up. So you have both babies on a strict schedule because if you don't, the 8 monther will wake while you're feeding or pumping the 3 month olds milk and he'll stay up for about an hour or so and you'll miss a whole lot of sleep, his schedule will get messy and so will your 3 month olds. 
For some explict reason, MIL expects you every weekend. You have plans with the babies' great-grandparents this weekend so you say that you don't think you'll be able to make it. MIL insists that you come over anyways so you tell her you'll try but it will probably be late. You figure that's okay anyways because the kids see MIL at least once a week while they haven't seen their great-grandparents in about a month or so. You get done with your visit and it's close to bedtime for your eighteen month old...but you pop in per request to MIL. You tell her you can only stay about 10 minutes or so because of the kids bedtime. She says she understands and starts to rile up your kids...now 15 minutes have passed and you round up the kids to go. As you're leaving, MIL gives you this ugly ass look and groans "alright, see ya I guess" and kinda wallows in self-pitty and enough to make you feel REALLY uncomfortable. The next day shes saying she's expecting you again this weekend, not to make any other plans and expects you to stay longer this time. WWYD? 

*sorry guys, my one button isn't working right and I'm not use to it, I changed it.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:46 PM

Sorry guys I know it's long lol. I tried making it as short as I could

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:47 PM
How do you have 2 infants 5 months apart?
jupiter5
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:48 PM

how is that possible? is one adopted?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:48 PM

It's suppose to be eighteen. my one button doesn't work right and i forgot. I'll change it, thanks for pointing it out to me. 

Quoting Anonymous:

my4kids274
by Platinum Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:49 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

ButterMeUp
by Butters on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:49 PM
She's doing the most! She can spend plenty of time with them when they are older. BTW how are your kids only 5 months apart?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:49 PM
Tell her no, we have our own life. My mil wants us over every weekend but we don't go and she got used to us coming when we were able to which is at least once a month.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:50 PM
Cool because I just sat here like a dummy trying to figure that shit out lol

Quoting Anonymous:

It's suppose to be eighteen. my one button doesn't work right and i forgot. I'll change it, thanks for pointing it out to me. 

Quoting Anonymous:

jupiter5
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:50 PM

i would re schedule some granny time in every week and make it a regular thing, or have her come over

-_-
by Ruby Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:50 PM
1 mom liked this
I'd wonder what my feeding schedule has to do with the general idea of my post.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)