Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

PSA for parents that let their teens/preteens play video games like cod

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
1 mom liked this
First off, I have NOTHING against your choice to let them play. I'm a gamer, dh is a gamer and my nephews who are 12& 13 are also.

Please check on them, or have them play where you can hear them ( or even in some cases what's being said to them).

It's bad enough that grown ass men feel the need to pick me out of the group and say dirty things to me ( because my gamer tag is obviously a girl). Today I had a 12 YEAR OLD decide to say shit. I'm talking nasty, ' I'm going to pop your cherry' 'I want to pound that p%^*y'. I know if either of my sils heard their son say that, the Xbox would be gone. Fortunately in my years of playing this is the first nasty sexuall thing a young kid has said. ( and just for the record they didn't say a word when we got back into the lobby because my team crushed them, with me 13 kills, 1death lol).

As I said it is also what is being said to them. A while back my nephew topped the board and some dude goes off on him and starts graphically saying he'd been with his mom.....to an obvious 13 yr old. Needless to say my group lit into that guy and reported him.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
.Nobody.
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:54 PM
I agree. Good post.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MiSs.SmOkEy
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:57 PM
I have wondered where these kids parent are also. I try to avoid lobbies with children as I get flooded with down right disgusting messages that shock me. I think the youngest little pervert I came across was 8. But you also get grown men who aren't as bad but close. I had a dude send me a random pic of him in women's panties after playing search and destroy lol.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
HistoryNutty
by Ruby Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:58 PM
Agreed.

Maybe it'll make them less annoying too. There was a kid once that would try to sing along to rap songs. It kept waking the kiddo up when she was a few months old (hubby couldn't find his headphones) and so my husband yelled at him to shut the f up. It was vulgar, but it did the trick. He didn't talk at all after that.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:59 PM
Thank you! It really bothered me.

Quoting .Nobody.:

I agree. Good post.

jbirdsladie27
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:00 PM

Mmmmmhmm it's rather pathetic

ColeAreeaJet
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:02 PM

and that is why I refuse to buy xbox live for my son.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:02 PM

Those games bother me so much. Especially whatever the term 'rape' means on there. I want to smack people in the head when I hear that innapropriate crap.

And when I say smack in the head, I mean hit with a piano.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:02 PM
I laugh at the grown men that try to hit on me. They friend request, send messages then ask why I won't accept them. My question back is ' did you friend request my husband? '. I never hear from them again. I don't get pics thank god! Poor you! I guess the only good thing is he wasn't naked?

Quoting MiSs.SmOkEy:

I have wondered where these kids parent are also. I try to avoid lobbies with children as I get flooded with down right disgusting messages that shock me. I think the youngest little pervert I came across was 8. But you also get grown men who aren't as bad but close. I had a dude send me a random pic of him in women's panties after playing search and destroy lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:03 PM

WoW is the same exact way.  I don't know where these kids were raised.  

fullxbusymom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:04 PM

My kids just block people like that. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)