Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What are you spending your refund on?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

2.5 K will pay off our credit card debt. 1K towards college savings. 1K just for shopping. 1K towards insurance. Rest for personal savings.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:41 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:55 PM
Bankruptcy, baby stuff, and some in savings!
MeaganP
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:55 PM
I owe money. I don't give them an interest free loan
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lovexroads88
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:55 PM
Yep. Its insane! They are in the laundry, under the furnature, just anywhere they will fit! We also have entirly to much play dough :-/

Quoting baquick:

My son got 72 for his birthday. What. The. Fuck. I think we are down to like 50 of them.....

Quoting lovexroads88:

Oh please don't joke like that lol. My twin boys each got a box set of 30 for their birthday. Holy hot wheels bat man! The things are everywhere!

Quoting Anonymous:

Imma buy 180 matchbox cars!

wkukid
by Beach Bum on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:55 PM

What refund lol?

bnj03
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:55 PM
Moving to Iowa and fixing 2 cars before the move and business attire for DH in his new job.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:57 PM
5k to bills, 1k on a deposit for a hall (wedding vow renewal next year), 1k on vacation, 1k for savings.
ZacharyCainsmom
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:57 PM

Savings!!!

KG34
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:00 PM

I'll pay off my credit card, and my student loan. That will leave me with $772, and I'll probably need that to get work done on my pos car.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:00 PM
When I started school, I started putting away money for student teaching, and also planned on having my husband's income. We separated in September and I have used most of savings to make up for not having his income. Now I have to rely on my income tax to help me make it. I am hoping to luck out and get one of the paid internships that will last for a year instead of doing just the one semester one. It will take twice the time, but at least I will be paid, and the chances of graduating in December and getting a teaching job in the middle of the school year is slim to none.

Quoting Anonymous:

Smart! We did that(in fact it's why we're broke right now.). DH couldn't work cause of his student teaching and I couldn't work cause of my own schooling and his schedule was so erratic. We saved up money all year and used student loans to survive. It was hell. Lol

Quoting Anonymous:

I am putting mine in the bank to use to pay bills when I can't work in the fall because I will be student teaching.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 16 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:01 PM

medical bills, 1 months back rent, and $50 we borrowed from my parents to keep our phone on during a time of crisis. umm cant set a price on how much work on my van will cost due to its massive oil leak, we also want to put what we can in savings, umm finnaly buy some wedding rings (20 bucks each, cheap ones) oh and we want to buy a used couch to replace the one we have thats fallen apart, and i want a new toilet seat and  new shower curtian. it would be nice to have one thats not 8 yrs old and mostly shreaded

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)