Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What are you spending your refund on?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

2.5 K will pay off our credit card debt. 1K towards college savings. 1K just for shopping. 1K towards insurance. Rest for personal savings.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:41 PM
Replies (41-50):
RunningMommaof2
by Kelly on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:01 PM
I'm only getting 2k. Most will go to savings.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bigmessylife
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:02 PM
Our savings acct, although if needed we will use some for wrapping up some loose ends on our house so we can sell.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:08 PM

I'm sorry to hear that. :( Yeah, I had to quit my job so my DH could do this.

Yeah, DH graduated in December 2012. He's applying all over. We don't do the Praxis test in our state so he's going to take the tests some time soon.

Quoting Anonymous:

When I started school, I started putting away money for student teaching, and also planned on having my husband's income. We separated in September and I have used most of savings to make up for not having his income. Now I have to rely on my income tax to help me make it. I am hoping to luck out and get one of the paid internships that will last for a year instead of doing just the one semester one. It will take twice the time, but at least I will be paid, and the chances of graduating in December and getting a teaching job in the middle of the school year is slim to none.

Quoting Anonymous:

Smart! We did that(in fact it's why we're broke right now.). DH couldn't work cause of his student teaching and I couldn't work cause of my own schooling and his schedule was so erratic. We saved up money all year and used student loans to survive. It was hell. Lol

Quoting Anonymous:

I am putting mine in the bank to use to pay bills when I can't work in the fall because I will be student teaching.

baquick
by Ruby Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:08 PM
I have found them in the tampon box, kitchen drawers, inside shoes (ya, that one hurt!), in the diaper genie! I heard it rattling around when I went to empty it, it went in the trash Lol. Ds even put one in the dishwasher when I wasn't looking!

Quoting lovexroads88:

Yep. Its insane! They are in the laundry, under the furnature, just anywhere they will fit! We also have entirly to much play dough :-/

Quoting baquick:

My son got 72 for his birthday. What. The. Fuck. I think we are down to like 50 of them.....

Quoting lovexroads88:

Oh please don't joke like that lol. My twin boys each got a box set of 30 for their birthday. Holy hot wheels bat man! The things are everywhere!

Quoting Anonymous:

Imma buy 180 matchbox cars!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 17 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:08 PM

I am sending my niece $2000 to help her pay for her wedding since my brother is a douche bag and seems to forget he has an older daughter now that he remarried and spawned again.

Other than that, it will all go into savings. There isn't much of anything we want or need. We thought we were going to buy our son a car with it, but my dad's girlfriend just decided she doesn't need her car anymore now that she is living with my dad and he has two cars. She gifted her car to him.

LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:09 PM
Booze
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BabyBump298
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:09 PM

Baby bills!

CafeMom Tickers
Ayla-bellesmom
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:09 PM

hookers n blow

Anonymous
by Anonymous 18 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:10 PM
$3000 on clothes, shoes, make-up and $1000 towards our $7000 car loan.
Wicked.Jester
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:10 PM

Must be nice, I am one of those people who actually pays taxes and I don't get a refund.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN