Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

seeing the in laws after my miscarriage for the first time

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:36 PM
  • 61 Replies
I mc my baby in October. It's been a long rough road and the night of my miscarriage my in laws said that I did it on purpose and for attention. It turned out into a huge fight we haven't seen or spoken to them since. tomorrow I am going down to a conference for our church and they will be there. I don't know how I will react, how I can speak to her and how I can pretend things are okay. I need advice.

*ETA*
i just want to say thank you to all you ladies that gave me so much support and encouraging words. I will update tomorrow and let everyone know how it goes. Thank you again so much it was overwhelming the response I got from everybody and I truly feel much better about the whole situation tomorrow

*ETA*
i
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
purpleducky
by Ruby Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:51 PM
10 moms liked this

I would pretend they don't exist.

Becky.Mom.of.2
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:52 PM
I would completely ignore them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wannabpregnant
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:52 PM
what if she approaches me?

Quoting Becky.Mom.of.2:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:53 PM
2 moms liked this
Why would you act like everything is okay? I would ignore them and if they approach me, let them know I wanted nothing to do with them.
ilovemykids323
by Platinum Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:54 PM
2 moms liked this

honestly I would just ignore them and pretend they weren't there... i'm wondering how one can have a m/c on purpose but okay. Sorry I had a m/c and it makes me mad that anyone would say that.

Becky.Mom.of.2
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:55 PM
4 moms liked this
If it were me, I would turn and go another direction. If she continues, I would tell her to stop and then leave if it came down to it. I wouldn't want to make a scene at a church, but there is no way I could converse with her after what was said. Sorry for your loss!

Quoting wannabpregnant:

Quoting Becky.Mom.of.2:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wannabpregnant
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:57 PM
its not even half of what was said. they said it wsnt a person. it was a bubble that popped. it washed away. if i had felt it kick then it would be considered a baby. there's a lot more to it. but that was the gist of it. i don't want to make a scene. but I'm not sure i can be civil yet

Quoting ilovemykids323:

honestly I would just ignore them and pretend they weren't there... i'm wondering how one can have a m/c on purpose but okay. Sorry I had a m/c and it makes me mad that anyone would say that.

Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:58 PM

I would let it be.  Be gracious, be the better person.  They were probably upset as well - people say things they don't mean when they're upset.

wannabpregnant
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:01 PM
i have tried to look at it that way. but she tries to control my husband. and has hated me since i stole her son

Quoting Not_A_Native:

I would let it be.  Be gracious, be the better person.  They were probably upset as well - people say things they don't mean when they're upset.

LizzieAnnesMom
by ☆Mrs.Winchester☆ on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:02 PM
see what she has to say. if it is anything other gthan an apology, walk away.

Quoting wannabpregnant:

Quoting Becky.Mom.of.2:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)