Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I hate to do this, but Monday.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 81 Replies

My confession...

Monday we are applying for FS and PA. Stinks because we really don't want to be, but my Dh isn't going to be making enough to cover for our housing until he gets a better job... Hopefully we won't be on it long. Gosh...wish money wasn't so stressful :/

What is it like having the assistance and how does it all work? 

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:45 PM

BUMP

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:45 PM
1 mom liked this

SHIIIIIT I get my food stamps every 15th and that shit is GOOOOOOOD. I buy all kinds of meals to make for the month. I love that shit.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:46 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't believe either of you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:46 PM

Idk, we always seem to make just a little too much.  Last time it was too much by $40.00 a year.  :/  bump for you

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:47 PM
1 mom liked this

No big deal... Stuff happens in life and things get hard. I used to be on FS and it's not bad. Just keep your head up, you'll make it through :) 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:48 PM

Isn't it great that records amounts of people are signing up for PA while Wall Street is breaking records? Hmmm.. Wall Street got bailed out. Fuck Maine Street.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:48 PM
We get food stamps and Medicaid. If your income is less than what your bills are, you will get emergency food stamps. Otherwise you will get a card in the mail and each month on a specific date, your amount will be put on the card.
aprilsalcro
by Platinum Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:48 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

No big deal... Stuff happens in life and things get hard. I used to be on FS and it's not bad. Just keep your head up, you'll make it through :) 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:49 PM

Thank you! My Dh is really stressed because he doesn't like taking money from people. Did they give you money enough to supplement? or to cover everything? is it once a month?

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:51 PM

what?

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't believe either of you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)