Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

DH pawned son's Leap Pad to go to the bar tonight!!! *UPDATE*

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Not even joking. He scrambled around the house looking for something to pawn so he could have money to go out drinking! I tried to tell him that maybe he just shouldn't GO OUT drinking, but then a second later he had DS's Leap Pad in his hand and he was headed out. I'm beyond pissed off right now.

I married a schlep!!

*Update: He came home last night at 11:30 with the Leap Pad in his hand. He said the Pawn Shop wouldn't take it, but told him to bring it to Once Upon A Child consignment store. He chose not to waste his time driving over there, thankfully, and brought it home. I am still upset that he even attempted to do it. I still realize he has major problems and if I can't help him figure them out, then yes I will end up leaving.

For the 2% of you that think I'm trolling- if you are going to think that everyone is on CM just to troll around then what's the point of being on here? Not everyone creates fake stories just to cause drama. If you don't want to offer helpful advice or just let people vent about issues they are dealing with, then go away. You have no idea what my entire situation is. I gave you a glimpse of what I go through. I don't need you coming at me calling me a liar.

Thanks to the rest of you for your kind words- and reality checks.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:56 PM
Replies (211-220):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 38 on Feb. 3, 2013 at 8:59 AM
1 mom liked this
I am sorry this happened to you, but it looks like u may have picked the wrong place to vent-- such vicious replies on here! Clearly what he did was WRONG and unacceptable, but no one besides u knows the whole situation! I hope that you have true friends/family to give u the support u need in order to do what is right for your family. As a recovering alcoholic myself, it sounds like he def has a problem and needs help.. Some tough love wouldn't hurt!!! But def keep your children's best interest in the forefront ... And if he is unwilling to get the help he needs- move on with your life and shield ur children from the damage he will inevitably cause. Prayers to you.
ilovemykids323
by Ruby Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:01 AM

I'd be pawning off DH if I could.

MicheleJM
by Phoenix on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:05 AM

What can you get for a leap pad enough for one drink maybe?  This is craziness.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 39 on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:10 AM

WOW!!! That is pretty damn low!!!! I am so thankful I have a man who has never once drank alcohol!! How do I know this for sure? We have a friend who knows someone whose a polygraph examiner! We were joking around about having DH take a polygraph test. He said he was fine with it. He was asked if he's ever drank an alcoholic beverage in his life. He said, "No." The polygraph came back saying he told the truth! We both took polys for the heck of it on the topic of cheating. Both of us passed with flying colors! No cheating or drinking in our house!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 38 on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:15 AM
That's ridiculous.

Quoting Anonymous:

WOW!!! That is pretty damn low!!!! I am so thankful I have a man who has never once drank alcohol!! How do I know this for sure? We have a friend who knows someone whose a polygraph examiner! We were joking around about having DH take a polygraph test. He said he was fine with it. He was asked if he's ever drank an alcoholic beverage in his life. He said, "No." The polygraph came back saying he told the truth! We both took polys for the heck of it on the topic of cheating. Both of us passed with flying colors! No cheating or drinking in our house!!

SavdNSanctified
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:23 AM
Ummm I doubt it. The leap pad only costs about $80 now. A pawn shop would probably give him $10, if anything.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:32 AM

Thank you. Your kindness really means a lot.

Quoting Anonymous:

I am sorry this happened to you, but it looks like u may have picked the wrong place to vent-- such vicious replies on here! Clearly what he did was WRONG and unacceptable, but no one besides u knows the whole situation! I hope that you have true friends/family to give u the support u need in order to do what is right for your family. As a recovering alcoholic myself, it sounds like he def has a problem and needs help.. Some tough love wouldn't hurt!!! But def keep your children's best interest in the forefront ... And if he is unwilling to get the help he needs- move on with your life and shield ur children from the damage he will inevitably cause. Prayers to you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:36 AM

My children will NEVER hate me. I do everything for them and then some. Your little skit means nothing to me, because my children will ALWAYS know how much I care about them.

Quoting Anonymous:

here's how tomorrow is gonna go:

kid: where's my leap pad?
Op: ask dad.
kid: dad? leap pad?
op's husband: uh... not sure kid. ask mom.

and then your kid will hate both of you. good job.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:37 AM

I work full-time. I'd be fine.

Quoting Anonymous:

What was so important that he had to go to the bar? He didn't have $20 he could spend so he stole from his child? Disgusting. He would come home to all of his shit on the front porch.

Please tell me you have a decent job and don't rely on him to provide for you and those kids.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:42 AM

Tubes are tied, so no future pregnancies. I was actually considering calling his mother and talking to her about how he's been lately- for awhile- because the Leap Pad was actually a Christmas gift from her. I'd hope she'd be mortified to learn that he tried to pawn it.... I'll post an update in a second.

Quoting valentina408:

alcoholism gets worse and worse. He will be physically abusive and then not come home for days at a time.  Also, you will stop seeing his paycheck.  Get the hell out of this relationship.  and before you do, make CERTAIN that you don't get pregnant.  does he have a good family you can speak to about this?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN