Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

DH pawned son's Leap Pad to go to the bar tonight!!! *UPDATE*

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Not even joking. He scrambled around the house looking for something to pawn so he could have money to go out drinking! I tried to tell him that maybe he just shouldn't GO OUT drinking, but then a second later he had DS's Leap Pad in his hand and he was headed out. I'm beyond pissed off right now.

I married a schlep!!

*Update: He came home last night at 11:30 with the Leap Pad in his hand. He said the Pawn Shop wouldn't take it, but told him to bring it to Once Upon A Child consignment store. He chose not to waste his time driving over there, thankfully, and brought it home. I am still upset that he even attempted to do it. I still realize he has major problems and if I can't help him figure them out, then yes I will end up leaving.

For the 2% of you that think I'm trolling- if you are going to think that everyone is on CM just to troll around then what's the point of being on here? Not everyone creates fake stories just to cause drama. If you don't want to offer helpful advice or just let people vent about issues they are dealing with, then go away. You have no idea what my entire situation is. I gave you a glimpse of what I go through. I don't need you coming at me calling me a liar.

Thanks to the rest of you for your kind words- and reality checks.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:56 PM
Replies (221-230):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 36 on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:46 AM
Don't be so sure - that may not hate you but they will eventually realize that you have allowed their Father to steal their stuff.

He couldn't have gotten much for the Leap Pad - why not give hubby a $20 bill?

Quoting Anonymous:

My children will NEVER hate me. I do everything for them and then some. Your little skit means nothing to me, because my children will ALWAYS know how much I care about them.

Quoting Anonymous:

here's how tomorrow is gonna go:

kid: where's my leap pad?
Op: ask dad.
kid: dad? leap pad?
op's husband: uh... not sure kid. ask mom.

and then your kid will hate both of you. good job.

inmybizz
by Gold Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:50 AM

He should have been home early cause he probably didn't get but a few dollars.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:54 AM

I didn't have it to give to him. We don't have it. That's why I tried to tell him just to stay home. That he can go out another time. He wasn't having it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Don't be so sure - that may not hate you but they will eventually realize that you have allowed their Father to steal their stuff.

He couldn't have gotten much for the Leap Pad - why not give hubby a $20 bill?

Quoting Anonymous:

My children will NEVER hate me. I do everything for them and then some. Your little skit means nothing to me, because my children will ALWAYS know how much I care about them.

Quoting Anonymous:

here's how tomorrow is gonna go:

kid: where's my leap pad?
Op: ask dad.
kid: dad? leap pad?
op's husband: uh... not sure kid. ask mom.

and then your kid will hate both of you. good job.

EvilQueenMommy
by Gold Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:59 AM

This, pawn all his crap to get your son's leappad back

Quoting coleysmama:

I'd go and pawn some of his stuff right before I packed his bags. What a dirtbag!

CafeMom Tickers

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."- Evelyn Beatrice Hall

Anonymous
by Anonymous 40 on Feb. 3, 2013 at 11:00 AM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 41 on Feb. 3, 2013 at 11:05 AM
no advice here hun.He needs to realize he has a big problem
ohbamitsans
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 11:21 AM
Wow! Pos
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mcelly
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 11:37 AM

Seriously, read this post to yourself a few times, you husband tried to pawn a kids TOY so he could go drinking, wtf are you doing to fix this situation for you and your kids?

frzmamaof4
by Silver Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 11:41 AM

bad

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:49 PM

bump for you to read update

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN