Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

WTH ... GOODWILL!?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 241 Replies
9 moms liked this

I will be honest.  I have NEVER shopped at a Goodwill.  I have been in one a while back when I was looking for something very particular furniture wise and thought they have something out of the ordinary.  However, I don't need to buy clothes from Goodwill, so I have never been.  I shop at Talbots, Ann Taylor, Chico's, H&M, Nordstrom ... ect.  So you can get the idea of brands and types of clothes I perfer.  

My 4 year old son has grown into the lets rip all the pants I own stage, and accomplished his goal this week.  Last pair of "non-hole" jeans became "2-knee-hole-jeans."  I went to order some online and decided i didn't want to wait the week.  Today I planned to hit up the mall and grab him some jeans.  At some point during my drive I decided I wasn't spending 20-30$ on one pair of jeans for this kid!!!  He would just RUIN them in no time.  I adverted my driving to the local goodwill I passed, and I said I am getting him jeans here!  I walked a complete skeptic.  I walked out with 10 pair of jeans for my boys (they year the same size) for $20!!!  10 pair for the price of one pair that I would have bought at the mall.  Most of these still have the TAG on them!  I even scored a pair of Shawn White slim fit jeans, the style he has been wanting!  After the thrill and excitement of this wonderful find, I headed to the check out.  Where I HAD to pass through the women's clothing department.  "oh, I'll see if they have anything 'decent' here, maybe something 'unique' that I may not splurge on at the store."  Well, I got two animal print Talbots skirts with TAGS for 5$ each!  I bought a tailored suit jacket for 5$, and an Ann Taylor suit jacket for 7$!  For 15$ total, I purched THREE Falcon dress shirts!  I ended up spending a lot more than I had planned, but the prices were Amazing and all but the tailored suit jacket was BRAND NEW! 

I am really surprised by Goodwill!!

Well, thats my weekend story!  LOL 

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Diamepphyre
by Ruby Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:05 PM
5 moms liked this
My kids grew up in thrift store clothes and no one was ever the wiser. We taught them how to shop and what to look for, and to this day they check thrift and consignment shops for what they need before hitting retail stores.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:06 PM
3 moms liked this

I won't shop at a Goodwill. They pay disabled people pennies on the dollar to work for them while the upper management and CEOs make six figures a year. 

s.osborne
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:08 PM
5 moms liked this
I love thrift stores. Or consignment shops. They always have something awesome
Sarahb22
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:09 PM
2 moms liked this
A ton of clothes from goodwill are donations from target
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:09 PM

I love goodwill for that same reason!

I was there two days ago and scored a pair of Banana Republic dress pants and Express pants for work. $3.48 each

Keara20
by Platinum Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:10 PM
I love goodwill, my husband hates going in there and I have to remind him we are too broke to be picky lol. I buy stuff for my daughter there all the time. He has no idea they come from goodwill til I tell him. I'm not going to buy crap.
Fields456
by Ruby Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:10 PM

Quoting s.osborne:

I love thrift stores. Or consignment shops. They always have something awesome

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:10 PM
1 mom liked this
I love going to thrift stores, you can find some really nice things there and it's fun.
littlesippycup
by Ruby Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:11 PM
1 mom liked this

sometimes you can find good stuff if you dig.

slransde
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:11 PM
I love Goodwill!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)