Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wth is this? (mildly gross pic..maybe) *it's not ringworm*

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm not sure when I got this but I felt it yesterday evening. Yesterday it was just a small red bump, like a mosquito bite. Now it's the small red bump with a bigger red circle around it. The bigger red circle feels kind of hard. :/ The pic isn't great because it's with my webcam. It's on my inner, upper arm. Boil? Cyst? MRSA? Spider bite? Anyone have any opinions?

by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:05 PM
Replies (111-120):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:44 PM
looks like a nipple!
hope its nothing, bump!
mich.el.le
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting BraydensMama163:

They can sometimes just pop up on you. Bites are weird like that. Pimples 2.

Does it have heat? If its hard then it probably has puss building up.

When I was 15 I ended up with a spider bite similar to that on my butt. I ended up having to go to the hospital for surgery and was admitted for 5 days and hone a week and a half because I got staph in it. Swollen up as big as a grapefruit very hot and hard as a rock.

Quoting mich.el.le:

Quoting BraydensMama163:

My guess is spider bite.

Did you know most spiders get on you in your sleep. You will never know they were there until one bites

I did know that. :) I was leaning toward spider bite too, except I would think I would have noticed the bite before yesterday evening, kwim?

It's slightly warm and a little bit more firm than the rest of my arm. I'm going to keep an eye on it and if it gets bigger I'll go in. Thanks! :)

mich.el.le
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

looks like a nipple!
hope its nothing, bump!

Dude. My boobs are big enough. I don't need to be growing another one. lmao

K_D88
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:47 PM
Spider bite
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
NAILEDIT
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:48 PM
Fairly common. Two friends both had infestations, one in hermitage one in spring hill

Quoting mich.el.le:

Quoting SRUsarahSC:

this was in PA, they are common there. Ugly and kinda big.  I think seeing them scarred me for life.

Quoting mich.el.le:

Quoting SRUsarahSC:

we used to find them occasionally in the basement when I was growing up....horrifying stuff.  Probably why I was happy to move somewhere where there are no basements!

Quoting mich.el.le:

Quoting SRUsarahSC:

could be recluse spider--if you google bullseye bite Lyme disease comes up too so I would get this checked.

Holy FU&*! I should not have googled ''recluse spider bite pictures''. O.O

Lol. We have a basement but I've never seen a brown recluse. Not saying that it's not possible that they're there though. 

Ah. I know we have them down here in TN but Idk how common they are.

Collier3
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:49 PM

spider bite

LilyPondOasis
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:49 PM

Ouch! I would get that checked out ASAP

mich.el.le
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:49 PM

Quoting NAILEDIT:

Fairly common. Two friends both had infestations, one in hermitage one in spring hill

Quoting mich.el.le:

Quoting SRUsarahSC:

this was in PA, they are common there. Ugly and kinda big.  I think seeing them scarred me for life.

Quoting mich.el.le:

Quoting SRUsarahSC:

we used to find them occasionally in the basement when I was growing up....horrifying stuff.  Probably why I was happy to move somewhere where there are no basements!

Quoting mich.el.le:

Quoting SRUsarahSC:

could be recluse spider--if you google bullseye bite Lyme disease comes up too so I would get this checked.

Holy FU&*! I should not have googled ''recluse spider bite pictures''. O.O

Lol. We have a basement but I've never seen a brown recluse. Not saying that it's not possible that they're there though. 

Ah. I know we have them down here in TN but Idk how common they are.

I thought so. My fil got bit by one on the hand, I think. Idk what it looked like though. 

3lilladies81
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:51 PM
Oh gosh I hope that is not it just looked it up theirs were WAY worse and more angry looking. How long has it been happening??

Quoting Miss.MaryJane:

I did....and it looks like something called CCLE or something related to shit can't spell the word

I'm mobile or I'd link u.

Quoting 3lilladies81:

That stinks!! Have you tried googling it?? Put in every symptom you can think (including all over body) I sure hope you find out soon!!

Quoting Miss.MaryJane:

I put anti itch cream on it and it burned like fire :( then my skin on the area started burning like I had a sunburn.

Quoting 3lilladies81:

Hmmm well they would know better lol but seriously if you have some anti-fungal cream put some on it everyday for two weeks can't hurt to try

Quoting Miss.MaryJane:

Dr said it wasn't ringworm. She said the rheumy doc would know for sure. Ugh.

Quoting 3lilladies81:

Looks like ringworm to me and I would know I have one right now thanks to the stray cat I take care of.

Quoting Miss.MaryJane:

I have this all over my body and my dr has no clue what it is. She suspects it could be Lupus related.

It starts with a small red dot. Then the ring. Then it turns into a welt like bump.It dries and flakes. Now it itches like a mo fo. Round 2 of steroids here I go.

Good luck.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:52 PM
In grown hair
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured