Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wth is this? (mildly gross pic..maybe) *it's not ringworm*

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm not sure when I got this but I felt it yesterday evening. Yesterday it was just a small red bump, like a mosquito bite. Now it's the small red bump with a bigger red circle around it. The bigger red circle feels kind of hard. :/ The pic isn't great because it's with my webcam. It's on my inner, upper arm. Boil? Cyst? MRSA? Spider bite? Anyone have any opinions?

by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:05 PM
Replies (121-130):
3lilladies81
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:54 PM
Oh no :( I hope they figure it out and can do something for you!!

Quoting Miss.MaryJane:

Erythematous rash was one. I'm not sure. I looked at a lot of rashes....I'll come back and message ya tomorrow with links. But it's also on my scalp and my hair is falling out :(

Quoting 3lilladies81:

I'll look up CCLE and see what I find

Quoting Miss.MaryJane:

I did....and it looks like something called CCLE or something related to shit can't spell the word

I'm mobile or I'd link u.

Quoting 3lilladies81:

That stinks!! Have you tried googling it?? Put in every symptom you can think (including all over body) I sure hope you find out soon!!

Quoting Miss.MaryJane:

I put anti itch cream on it and it burned like fire :( then my skin on the area started burning like I had a sunburn.

Quoting 3lilladies81:

Hmmm well they would know better lol but seriously if you have some anti-fungal cream put some on it everyday for two weeks can't hurt to try

Quoting Miss.MaryJane:

Dr said it wasn't ringworm. She said the rheumy doc would know for sure. Ugh.

Quoting 3lilladies81:

Looks like ringworm to me and I would know I have one right now thanks to the stray cat I take care of.

Quoting Miss.MaryJane:

I have this all over my body and my dr has no clue what it is. She suspects it could be Lupus related.

It starts with a small red dot. Then the ring. Then it turns into a welt like bump.It dries and flakes. Now it itches like a mo fo. Round 2 of steroids here I go.

Good luck.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tossed
by Platinum Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Could be any type of bug bite, lyme, or boil. It it hot to touch? 

NAILEDIT
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:56 PM
It's not ringworm, ringworm wouldn't have the center. Something but you most likely a spider, probably a wolf spider and the outer red is the toxins and your body fighting them. Make sure it doesn't get bigger, wash it with soap and water. If it gets worse or you have a fever go to urgent care, otherwise wait until Monday. Check your sheets for a dead spider, often times that's when you'll get bit. Good luck. Hopefully it doesn't get infected more.
clippingmom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:57 PM
1 mom liked this

most likely a spider bite. use benedryll cream on it every couple hours for about 24 hours.

mich.el.le
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:58 PM

Quoting tossed:

Could be any type of bug bite, lyme, or boil. It it hot to touch? 

It's slightly warm but not much. 

mrsrodgers0703
by Ruby Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:59 PM
I'm honesty not being mean, but it could be herpes. Sometimes break outs on the body look like ringworm. Herpes can stay dormant in your body for a very long time.
sassysuie
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:59 PM

Spider bite?

mich.el.le
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:59 PM

Quoting NAILEDIT:

It's not ringworm, ringworm wouldn't have the center. Something but you most likely a spider, probably a wolf spider and the outer red is the toxins and your body fighting them. Make sure it doesn't get bigger, wash it with soap and water. If it gets worse or you have a fever go to urgent care, otherwise wait until Monday. Check your sheets for a dead spider, often times that's when you'll get bit. Good luck. Hopefully it doesn't get infected more.

Thanks. :) I didn't see anything in my bed but I've been thinking about it and I wonder if maybe I got it when I went swimming the other day. My clothes were in a locker room locker and maybe I picked up a spider there.  I haven't seen a single spider in my house, dead or alive, in months.

mich.el.le
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:01 PM

Quoting mrsrodgers0703:

I'm honesty not being mean, but it could be herpes. Sometimes break outs on the body look like ringworm. Herpes can stay dormant in your body for a very long time.

Lol. Thanks. :) I do get cold sores, but this has no blister on it. It doesn't look like the herpes pics I googled. Thankfully!

mrsrodgers0703
by Ruby Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:04 PM
1 mom liked this
That's good lol! I'm mobile, so I can't see it very well.

Quoting mich.el.le:

Quoting mrsrodgers0703:

Lol. Thanks. :) I do get cold sores, but this has no blister on it. It doesn't look like the herpes pics I googled. Thankfully!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured