Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wth is this? (mildly gross pic..maybe) *it's not ringworm*

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm not sure when I got this but I felt it yesterday evening. Yesterday it was just a small red bump, like a mosquito bite. Now it's the small red bump with a bigger red circle around it. The bigger red circle feels kind of hard. :/ The pic isn't great because it's with my webcam. It's on my inner, upper arm. Boil? Cyst? MRSA? Spider bite? Anyone have any opinions?

by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:05 PM
Replies (131-140):
NAILEDIT
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:04 PM
That's possible, maybe it got trapped in your sleeve and bit as a response.

Quoting mich.el.le:

Quoting NAILEDIT:

It's not ringworm, ringworm wouldn't have the center. Something but you most likely a spider, probably a wolf spider and the outer red is the toxins and your body fighting them. Make sure it doesn't get bigger, wash it with soap and water. If it gets worse or you have a fever go to urgent care, otherwise wait until Monday. Check your sheets for a dead spider, often times that's when you'll get bit. Good luck. Hopefully it doesn't get infected more.

Thanks. :) I didn't see anything in my bed but I've been thinking about it and I wonder if maybe I got it when I went swimming the other day. My clothes were in a locker room locker and maybe I picked up a spider there.  I haven't seen a single spider in my house, dead or alive, in months.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mich.el.le
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:05 PM

Quoting NAILEDIT:

That's possible, maybe it got trapped in your sleeve and bit as a response.

Quoting mich.el.le:

Quoting NAILEDIT:

It's not ringworm, ringworm wouldn't have the center. Something but you most likely a spider, probably a wolf spider and the outer red is the toxins and your body fighting them. Make sure it doesn't get bigger, wash it with soap and water. If it gets worse or you have a fever go to urgent care, otherwise wait until Monday. Check your sheets for a dead spider, often times that's when you'll get bit. Good luck. Hopefully it doesn't get infected more.

Thanks. :) I didn't see anything in my bed but I've been thinking about it and I wonder if maybe I got it when I went swimming the other day. My clothes were in a locker room locker and maybe I picked up a spider there.  I haven't seen a single spider in my house, dead or alive, in months.

That's what I was thinking. We were at the community pool, so not the greatest pool in the world.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:09 PM

I have MRSA in fact I have a few abscesses right now on my booty... From the picture it looks like it could be. Use hot compresses on it to bring it to a head.. if it gets painful and bigger DO NOT I repeat DO NOT pop it yourself, if it's MRSA popping it yourself could make this "small" situatiion a HUGE one and you don't want that.. I say if its still there Monday go to the Dr to have it looked at so you can start antibiotics, ask them to culture it and to also swab your nostrils to see if you carry the virus... also ask for BACTRABAN its an ointment. Use it on your sore and also IN your nostrils.. Update to let us know what happens momma. I hope its not MRSA that shit sucks SO bad! I've been dealing with it for 2 years. I've had to have over 30 abcesses lanced and packed since.

mich.el.le
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:11 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

I have MRSA in fact I have a few abscesses right now on my booty... From the picture it looks like it could be. Use hot compresses on it to bring it to a head.. if it gets painful and bigger DO NOT I repeat DO NOT pop it yourself, if it's MRSA popping it yourself could make this "small" situatiion a HUGE one and you don't want that.. I say if its still there Monday go to the Dr to have it looked at so you can start antibiotics, ask them to culture it and to also swab your nostrils to see if you carry the virus... also ask for BACTRABAN its an ointment. Use it on your sore and also IN your nostrils.. Update to let us know what happens momma. I hope its not MRSA that shit sucks SO bad! I've been dealing with it for 2 years. I've had to have over 30 abcesses lanced and packed since.

Yikes! I'm sorry. :( My older ds had mrsa when he was a baby. Thankfully, he's not had it since (he's almost 5 now).

Miss.MaryJane
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:45 PM
Only a week. It went from a few spots to 42 of them. Yes, I counted.

Quoting 3lilladies81:

Oh gosh I hope that is not it just looked it up theirs were WAY worse and more angry looking. How long has it been happening??

Quoting Miss.MaryJane:

I did....and it looks like something called CCLE or something related to shit can't spell the word

I'm mobile or I'd link u.

Quoting 3lilladies81:

That stinks!! Have you tried googling it?? Put in every symptom you can think (including all over body) I sure hope you find out soon!!

Quoting Miss.MaryJane:

I put anti itch cream on it and it burned like fire :( then my skin on the area started burning like I had a sunburn.

Quoting 3lilladies81:

Hmmm well they would know better lol but seriously if you have some anti-fungal cream put some on it everyday for two weeks can't hurt to try

Quoting Miss.MaryJane:

Dr said it wasn't ringworm. She said the rheumy doc would know for sure. Ugh.

Quoting 3lilladies81:

Looks like ringworm to me and I would know I have one right now thanks to the stray cat I take care of.

Quoting Miss.MaryJane:

I have this all over my body and my dr has no clue what it is. She suspects it could be Lupus related.

It starts with a small red dot. Then the ring. Then it turns into a welt like bump.It dries and flakes. Now it itches like a mo fo. Round 2 of steroids here I go.

Good luck.
Miss.MaryJane
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:52 PM
I tried benadryl but it.didn't help the itch. I forgot to say in previous reply I've had the rash for 2 weeks I think and the second week it started itching.I went back to the dr and where it's getting worse with my hair falling out my doc put me on a steroid pack. Sigh. I JUST came OFF steroids due to severe inflammation due to systemic lupus....oh well. I told her as long as I wasn't itchy.I don't care what caused the rash. I just want relief. Weird thing though..... the areas that are effected also itch. Like I have several spots in my breasts and the areas where there are no spots itch. Sigh. Thankfully I've not seen any more new ones. Ugh.

Quoting mich.el.le:

Quoting Miss.MaryJane:

Decided to cut quote trees....

I looked up ringworm. My rash is different being the outer ring isn't raised. That and they change into welt like bumps afterwards.Its weird. I've never seen a rash like this.

Crazy. How long have you had it? My son had a rash that looked sort of like yours (Erythema Multiforme) but it cleared up with a few different antihistamines. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:03 AM

Sort of looks like a bite,or sting of some kind.My son had two yellow jacket stings on his back that looked a lot like that,only they had a crusty,yellowish stuff in the center.Doctor said they were infected and put him on antibiotics.My son never felt a thing when he got stung and by the time he felt any discomfort they looked like what's in your pic except the outer red circle was spread out much more.Could be anything though and probably better to see a doctor than rely on the opinions in here.

AprilDJC
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:09 AM
Warm to touch could mean infection. Get it checked out soon, just to be safe. Spider bite is what it looks like, and they can get infected.

Quoting mich.el.le:

Quoting bullemhead:

It does look like a bite of some kind. Have you tried Hydrocortizone cream or Benadryl or both for that matter? Is it warm to touch?

It is kind of warm to the touch, now that you mention it.

momsince04
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:10 AM
This exactly.. And you should get checked ASAP

Quoting adhaodd1child:

Spider bite or MRSA

egbkeb
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:10 AM

i was thinking spider bite too 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured