Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Wth is this? (mildly gross pic..maybe) *it's not ringworm*

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm not sure when I got this but I felt it yesterday evening. Yesterday it was just a small red bump, like a mosquito bite. Now it's the small red bump with a bigger red circle around it. The bigger red circle feels kind of hard. :/ The pic isn't great because it's with my webcam. It's on my inner, upper arm. Boil? Cyst? MRSA? Spider bite? Anyone have any opinions?

by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:05 PM
Replies (141-150):
kblossom20
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:10 AM

Get that checked out at the hospital! It could be a recluse bite :[

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

CmC1307
by Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:12 AM
Quoting mich.el.le:

If it doesnt clear up or at least start to get better by monday call ur doc. I had to get antibiotics for a spider bite once cuz it was so bd.
CafeMom Tickers
Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:13 AM

it can be any kind of bug bit.- what you need to do is draw a circle around to watch for swelling. also if it is hot- then there is some kind of infection. bed bugs bites also look like this( but with out the swelling,ect. they do itch though)

AprilDJC
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:30 AM
My son last summer got a bite that started off like that. Two days later it had expanded about 4". He had to go on antibiotics.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Freela
by Platinum Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:36 AM

Spider or tick bite? I would check with a doctor, because a 'bullseye' rash is a symptom of potential Lyme disease, and I would want it checked out just to be safe.

TrouserMouse
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:38 AM

Looks like a spider bite to me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Feb. 3, 2013 at 3:52 AM
1 mom liked this

Thank you!
This stuff is horrible! I'm so scarred everywhere. I get them mostly on my bottom, stomach and the backs of my legs. We've replaced our bed and couches. We got leather couches so we can wipe them down. Every 3 months we replace towels, socks, underwear and sheets. I take 2 bleach baths a week and use the Bactraban in my nose 3 times a month right now. I'm still getting them. I don't know why. I had once lanced yesterday on my left booty cheek (sorry TMI) they cut it about have an inch wide and a full inch deep and then packed it. Woke up the next morning with one on the OTHER cheek and its looking like that one might have to be lanced as well. I will be praying HARD for you Momma! I don't want anyone to ever go through this.. 

Quoting mich.el.le:

Quoting Anonymous:

I have MRSA in fact I have a few abscesses right now on my booty... From the picture it looks like it could be. Use hot compresses on it to bring it to a head.. if it gets painful and bigger DO NOT I repeat DO NOT pop it yourself, if it's MRSA popping it yourself could make this "small" situatiion a HUGE one and you don't want that.. I say if its still there Monday go to the Dr to have it looked at so you can start antibiotics, ask them to culture it and to also swab your nostrils to see if you carry the virus... also ask for BACTRABAN its an ointment. Use it on your sore and also IN your nostrils.. Update to let us know what happens momma. I hope its not MRSA that shit sucks SO bad! I've been dealing with it for 2 years. I've had to have over 30 abcesses lanced and packed since.

Yikes! I'm sorry. :( My older ds had mrsa when he was a baby. Thankfully, he's not had it since (he's almost 5 now).

CMcLaws
by Platinum Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 4:14 AM
Shingles!! That is exactly what happened to dh...a couple days later the blisters formed. If it is and you caught it this early, you can prevent another area breaking out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rkkeller13
by Kristy on Feb. 3, 2013 at 4:17 AM
Draw a circle around the red part with a pen. So that way you can tell if its spreading. I would have it check out in any case just to be safe that it isn't Lyme disease.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
daughteroftruth
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 4:18 AM

looks like a bite.. is it hot or warm to the touch?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)