Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

This is slightly disturbing - but i dont have girls so i dont know

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 141 Replies
My stepdaughter is 5. She shares a room with my 5 year old son, for 3 more months, every weekend.

She hasn't been over in about a month, due to illness and out of town relatives visiting at her mommy's house.

So I told her that once ds fell asleep, she could come out and spend some time with daddy.

It's been about 30 minutes, so I peaked in to see if ds was sleeping and he was, and I thought she was too

That's when I noticed her, for lack of a better word, humping, her teddy bear.

I wasn't sure what I was seeing, so I softly closed the door and went and got her daddy.

He kinda shut down

We agreed not to address it right this moment and embarrass her. I told him he needs to talk to her mom about this

Is this normal for her age? Could it be a sign of sexual abuse? I only ask because 3 years ago, her mom accused my father inn law of molesting my step daughter and then abruptly dropped the charges when my mother in law threatened to sue her.

We do not associate with my in laws, and when this went down I was just a new girlfriend, so I don't know details - but her mom sends her to my in laws about 4 days a month

I'm concerned, and I don't know

I'm sorry about the disturbing topic - I just have no idea
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
luckysevenwow
by Ruby Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:30 PM
14 moms liked this

It's actually a fairly common soothing mechanism for many kids and rarely has anything to do with abuse.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:32 PM
This is very disturbing. At 5 yrs old its either she's being molested or watching something on tv. Daddy should talk to her and explain to her what's inappropriate touching and maybe she will spill the beans. This is really sad
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:32 PM
4 moms liked this
Totally normal. Girls masturbate at a young age just like boys. It is not sexual, it just feels good.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:33 PM
14 moms liked this
You are an idiot. Children masturbate and there is nothing wrong or shameful about it.

Quoting Anonymous:

This is very disturbing. At 5 yrs old its either she's being molested or watching something on tv. Daddy should talk to her and explain to her what's inappropriate touching and maybe she will spill the beans. This is really sad

silverdawn99
by Ruby Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:35 PM

i would have a little talk about private parts and how no one is allowed to touch them and such

luckysevenwow
by Ruby Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:35 PM
1 mom liked this

You are wrong. I had a friend who did that clear up until her tween years. She was never molested or any other thing. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:35 PM
I was never abused to my knowledge and have been 'masturbating' or touching since about 3. So...idk. I don't see the big deal.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:36 PM
No your an idiot did you not read her post dumb ass. Something could actually be going on with the poor little girl.

Quoting Anonymous:

You are an idiot. Children masturbate and there is nothing wrong or shameful about it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:36 PM
It's normal.
D.O.E.
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:37 PM

**looks super embarrassed** i remember humping my teddy bear. i had not been molested. about the same age too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN