Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

had to put a 15 yr. old in her place- don't even know her lmao

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:28 PM
  • 171 Replies
3 moms liked this

Today we went to my nephew's 1st bday party. It was at my SIL's friend's house, never met them before.
Middle level of the house wasn't big enough to fit the 30 or so people who showed up, so the kids were told to hangout upstairs so the adults had more room.
My daughter wasn't the youngest there, but she was the only 2 year old. she went up the stairs to sit and play with her cousins and the other kids there- there was PLENTY of room on the landing at the top of the stairs- when the owner of the house's teenage daughter threw a hissy fit.
"WHY does this BABY insist on coming up here?! GET OUT OF HERE. Not enough room for BABIES." AND SHE CARRIED HER DOWN THE STAIRS! wtf?!
my daughter was extremely upset....so mama bear came out.
I told her my daughter was definitely allowed to be up there with everyone else. teenager glared at me and said "uh, there's not enough room."
I said "clearly you need glasses. There is tons of room. and I don't care if it's 'your house', my daughter WILL play with her cousins and friends up there. Get your mom if you want. I'll tell her the same thing."
 the look on her face was PRICELESS. My baby girl got to have a blast with her friends after all <3

I'd smack the sh*t out of my teen if I heard them talking to someone else that way. 

by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
IMaBABYsMaMa
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:34 PM
2 moms liked this
Wow good for you!! Who do some teenagers think they are? My mom would have put me under the jail.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ACDC_fan
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:36 PM
1 mom liked this

lmao right??? it pissed me off!! bold words coming from someone who's not even done with puberty yet LOL.
I simply had to. 

Quoting IMaBABYsMaMa:

Wow good for you!! Who do some teenagers think they are? My mom would have put me under the jail.

marie2409
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh dear jeezus the amount of moms that will say how you can't do that to someone elses kid in their house. I don't blame you though lol!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ACDC_fan
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:43 PM
1 mom liked this

lmao grazie, grazie <3
 i'd want someone to tell my child off if they were blatantly disrespectful. that attitude? yeah, doesn't fly with me.

Quoting marie2409:

Oh dear jeezus the amount of moms that will say how you can't do that to someone elses kid in their house. I don't blame you though lol!

IMaBABYsMaMa
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:44 PM
Funny!! Maybe she was cramping or something?? Love ac/dc myself.

Quoting ACDC_fan:

lmao right??? it pissed me off!! bold words coming from someone who's not even done with puberty yet LOL.
I simply had to. 

Quoting IMaBABYsMaMa:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ACDC_fan
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:45 PM

besides, kids were TOLD to get upstairs. oh wait, maybe you cant read too well.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:45 PM
7 moms liked this

What kind of mom lets a 2 year old play on stairs?

ACDC_fan
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:46 PM
1 mom liked this

LMAO maybe! and YES!! AC/DC kicks ASS. lol. you have good taste in music =D

Quoting IMaBABYsMaMa:

Funny!! Maybe she was cramping or something?? Love ac/dc myself.

Quoting ACDC_fan:

I simply had to. 

Quoting IMaBABYsMaMa:

anyotherday
by Platinum Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:46 PM
13 moms liked this

She probably didnt like feeling like the impromptu baby sitter. If your child was the youngest one there, you should have a) been up there with her or b) asked another older child from your family to keep an eye on her so the responsibility didnt fall on the 15yo by default.

ACDC_fan
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:46 PM

the landing at the top of the stairs. there was a baby gate.

Quoting Anonymous:

What kind of mom lets a 2 year old play on stairs?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured