Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Calling Cm Christian Mama's -"i cant wait to die.." What would you have said?

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:49 PM
  • 5 Replies
still working on how to handle this one: We are born again Christians, God & Jesus are a part of our lives every day and ds is being raised in a very Christian household and knows about heaven and eternal life in Gods kingdom. So lately hes been saying that he cant wait to die so he could go to heaven so he can fly and see Jesus and see boomer(dog) again and meet abuela.
What do you say to that?
I dont want to tell him "no, you dont want to go to heaven right now". I want him to want to go to heaven when he dies, WHEN HE IS OLD AND LIVED A FULL LIFE!!

I explained it to him that "wanting to go to heaven and be with God is great, but God wants us to live our lives first and take us to heaven when we are old, so he can make us young again". I hope i explained that right, with out swaying his desire to be close to God.

How would you have handled that? What would you tell your 5 year old?

Just a side bar: ds is 5 years. A very happy and loved little boy. This comment was not out of sadness or wanting to die to end it - or anything like that. I was out of pure innocence and amazement. And excitement to meet Jesus. Ds has always been close with God. Every time he made a wish (birthday, shooting star) his wish was always the same. "for Jesus to come to earth and save us" - he came out with that all on his own when he was 3 and made it his every wish ever since. We were floored.

Then one night last year, ds was in bed, and for the thousandth time call me into his room (he does this till he falls asleep) we call it the night night game - how many time can he get mommy and daddy up before we yell. Any, this night was a little different - He called me in a hurried/excited voice. I ran in there, thin-kin maybe he had a nightmare and was scared - to my surprise he was just the opposite! He was over joyed with excitement and when i asked him if everything was alright .. hes said but big wide eyes and a smile from ear to ear "MOMMY JESUS JUST TOLD ME I LOVE YOU"!!!!! We were beyond astonished and left speechless! Our 4 year old just told us he heard Jesus' voice and that he told him He loved him! WOW! DH & I honestly believe that he really heard the Lord's voice that night.
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
lilypad12788
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:54 PM
1 mom liked this
I would have told him that We (Christians) have a job to do before we go see Jesus and that is to spread God's word, that way more people have the chance to know him and go to heaven.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gabeybaby07
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:57 PM
Quoting lilypad12788:

I would have told him that We (Christians) have a job to do before we go see Jesus and that is to spread God's word, that way more people have the chance to know him and go to heaven.

You're ABSOLUTELY RIGHT!! I know this too, Thats probably what I would have said to an adult. But hearing "i cant wait to die to go to Heaven" from my five year old .. it kind of caught me off guard. I will def explain this to him! Thank you.
lilypad12788
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:09 PM
You're welcome :)

Quoting gabeybaby07:

Quoting lilypad12788:

You're ABSOLUTELY RIGHT!! I know this too, Thats probably what I would have said to an adult. But hearing "i cant wait to die to go to Heaven" from my five year old .. it kind of caught me off guard. I will def explain this to him! Thank you.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SlightlyPerfect
Ugliness and worthlessness, when combined, will only produce failure.
Yesterday at 10:16 AM
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:11 PM

Ah, he found a flaw in your religious ideology. Well done, sir.  Smart kid.

slightlyperfect

robyann
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:15 PM
1 mom liked this

The faith of a child, we should all be as children in our faith, everything is possible with God! We "know" we can't hear Jesus' voice out loud, but can we? If we truely believed we could, faith the size of a mustart seed, maybe we would hear His voice too! I would tell him that we all can't wait to get to Heaven to be with Jesus, but that Jesus has sent us here to earth for a special reason, we have to fulfill our purpose here before we can go home to Jesus.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)