Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I want to WEAN my ds

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies

I am all for the tree hugging natural stuff. i would say i am half hippie lol. I just can't stand the idea of bfing my 16month old anymore. I am 10 weeks pregnant and sick 24 hours a day. I dont want to eat i have to make myself eat something everyday. i have lost 25 lbs this month. I feel so bad that I want to wean him. he loves nursing and i love him very much. I have tried cutting out a feeding at a time and he hates it. it is messing with his sleep at night, so now all he wants to do is nurse all night long. i dont know what to do. i want to just go hide somewhere for a week and hope he forgets about the boob. i am such a bad mom for feeling like this.  

today i have eaten a small apple and a handful of popcorn.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
edelweiss23
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:58 PM
You need to eat or the baby you are pregnant with will not get the nutrients it needs.

If you feel that you can't nurse any more, do what you feel will be the best for all if you.

Also, ask your Dr for nausea medication to help with the morning sickness
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:06 PM

i try to eat. yesterday was better i had some chicken because my mil cooked. cooking is the big problem i dontwanna touch raw food or smell it. i technically dont have a dr yet. i called a new midwife and gave them all my info and they said we have a few babies coming any dayso when things calm down we will call you.  i am going to call them back monday and see when i can get in. but i have not had the consultation yet so i dont know how it will work the first time i go. i am just sick of being sick.

Quoting edelweiss23:

You need to eat or the baby you are pregnant with will not get the nutrients it needs.

If you feel that you can't nurse any more, do what you feel will be the best for all if you.

SalemWitchChild
by Blessed be on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:09 PM
2 moms liked this

Try ginger tea or anything with ginger in it. Its suppose to help with nausia.

As far as weaning, you've given him 16 months of the best nutrition. If you feel the best choice to wean then go ahead. You're doing it right. One nursing at a time replace nursing with another activity. Give him water, cows milk or juice. Replace your nursing habits with other fun activities like reading to him at night.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:16 PM

bump

TattoodMommy19
by Platinum Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:21 PM
That's actually untrue. Her body will pull all of her nutrients in reserve for the baby. So she will get sick as fuck and become anemic, but unless mom stops eating all together, baby will be fine if she is too nauseous to eat for a few days.

I'm sorry the one feeding at a time isn't working op. Are you starting with his least favorite session and moving up from there? Night weaning was the hardest part with my oldest.

Quoting edelweiss23:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Saille717
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:24 PM

Have you tried Ensure shake drinks?  They might help you get some nutrients without having to handle food or feel like you're eating.  

And peppermint and ginger are both good for naseau.  Try some candy canes or bubble gum and a cold wet washcloth on the back of your neck.  

There is NOTHING wrong with weaning now.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:27 PM

Wean. I lost my milk when I was pregnant with my second. I had to start supplementing my first when she was 7 months old, I was hospitalized 3 times for dehydration and had to stop altogether at 11 months. You have to take care of you so that you can grow a baby. And at 16 months he can have milk and you won't have to buy formula. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:27 PM

they are all his fav feeding. i try to distract him but it does not work so well. no matter what i feed him or give him to drink he wants to nurse the same.

Quoting TattoodMommy19:

That's actually untrue. Her body will pull all of her nutrients in reserve for the baby. So she will get sick as fuck and become anemic, but unless mom stops eating all together, baby will be fine if she is too nauseous to eat for a few days.

I'm sorry the one feeding at a time isn't working op. Are you starting with his least favorite session and moving up from there? Night weaning was the hardest part with my oldest.

Quoting edelweiss23:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:30 PM

my goal was until 2 so i feel like a failure. i kind of wanted to hear that i should not wean him. but thank you for saying it is ok! it really helps.

i have been able to drink slimfast(its what i have on hand) i will have to get some ensure soon. thank you!

Quoting Saille717:

Have you tried Ensure shake drinks?  They might help you get some nutrients without having to handle food or feel like you're eating.  

And peppermint and ginger are both good for naseau.  Try some candy canes or bubble gum and a cold wet washcloth on the back of your neck.  

There is NOTHING wrong with weaning now.  

StevieMarie
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:33 PM

Don't feel bad! Do what is best for EVERYONE in your family, by your standards. NOTHING wrong with your son being a big boy!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured