Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why didn't your husband pay child support? S/O

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:06 PM
  • 7 Replies

This is a spin off of the post asking if anyone had a husband who owes back child support. So for those who answered yes, why is that? Was he broke at the time? Did he doubt the kid was his? Is he just a loser? What's the story? 

by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
addiecakesmommy
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:07 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:08 PM
Because we stayed married and he took care of his family. He didn't have to pay child support because he left his family.
Bird16_J
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:10 PM

Here's a bump for ya! I'm the one dealing with an asshole ex who likes to pay when he feels like it and then complains about only paying 500 bucks a month for 4 kids! Shit he's lucky that he doesn't have to pay 1200 a month or more a kid! Asshole anyways.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:10 PM
He is behind. When he goes back to work or gets disability, depending on how his surgery goes, we'll get caught up.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:11 PM

he did pay her, and quite a lot at that. but they kept it out of courts, which was a mistake on his part.

once he met me she became a total bitch and took him to court, courts said there was no "proof" he paid her for child support, despite copies of teh checks made to her and reciepts for baby items bought. so they made him pay back support from 1yr till then. when it was all said and done it was 5y4month.. over 120k including intrest... in the last 8 years we have paid our $900 + 1/2 of all educitional, medicial and exraculicular and clothes, plus bm gets our tax returns and we pay any extra we can.. but we still have to live and eat :) we are down to only owing under 80k in back suppot now

mommaFruFru
by Gold Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:13 PM

its not alwsy the dad who leaves. and just becasue the parents are no longer together dosent mean he does not support his family.

Quoting Anonymous:

Because we stayed married and he took care of his family. He didn't have to pay child support because he left his family.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:14 PM
i hate it when men don't pay their child support and i hate it even more when women think it is ok for the husband to not take care of their children they had from a prior marriage/relationship. I could never understand why someone would be ok to be with someone who won't take care of their kids. My husband has no children outside of ours. I have one kid from a prior relationship and i don't get Child support. I have gotten used to it. I would never be with man who won't take care of his responsibility.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured