Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Help! 15 yrs SAHM, DH wants you to get a job now...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 46 Replies
What would you do?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goodygumdrops
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Housekeeping to get me use to working again.  Simple work, decent money, decent hours.  

Aleta775
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:21 PM

You could get a job in retail, grocery stores, filing for a busy office, housekeeping...

brittany208
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:22 PM
1 mom liked this

um... id get a job. In our family its actually me that wants to work and him that wants me to stay home.

JeremysMom
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:22 PM
I would talk to him and see what is going on financially. See if cutbacks are in order or if a job (second income) needs to happen.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
roosmommy101212
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:24 PM
get your ged at least though. you need to finish school too. at least a diploma, ya know? if you can do a little babysitting or something on the side, do it. but education is crucial
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:25 PM

I would be wondering if he was planning on leaving me and didnt want to pay alimony. You getting a job would be the end of any alimony you could ask for and he would be free and clear to leave. Just my thought.

tennisgal
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:26 PM

substitute teach

littlesippycup
by Ruby Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:26 PM

Start having sex for money.

roosmommy101212
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:27 PM
oops, i'm sorry. i totally misread this post. so you've been an sahm for 15 years, huh? well you could do housecleaning stuff, but what are you interested in, and what skills do you have?

Quoting roosmommy101212:

get your ged at least though. you need to finish school too. at least a diploma, ya know? if you can do a little babysitting or something on the side, do it. but education is crucial

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:28 PM
Administrative

Quoting roosmommy101212:

oops, i'm sorry. i totally misread this post. so you've been an sahm for 15 years, huh? well you could do housecleaning stuff, but what are you interested in, and what skills do you have?

Quoting roosmommy101212:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)